Song Thread - Time To Make A Difference

I'm sure the ultras aim was to try and get some new songs going.

Worked reyt well that has

They have helped get new chants going. Most chants start at the back of the Kop which is where they stand.

The idea of this thread is to make a difference. Go For It Owl is now talking with the band about working together with the fans on new songs so hopefully it will work even better from now on. If you've got any suggestions mate then post them in here. 

Not a waste of a thread mate, anything that's any good will be pasted onto the band to try out. The Semedo and Llera chants started on a thread like this preseason so let's hear what you've got :)

Ok, I'll try again: To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part)Here goes........We beat ‘em at Wem-ber-leeTwo-One back in Ninety-ThreeOn Boxing Day in Seventy-Nine we got four (oh we got four!)Then in Twenty-TwelveWe met back down in League OneAnd just like back thenWe beat ‘em again!Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”This song HAS to get going as it is quality!!!! I am convinced it could become a classic celebration of our great victories over our neighbours if it ever gets going???See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (0.19 seconds in)<iframe id="ytplayer" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://youtube.com/watch?v=0XToD6PKIOg?version=3" frameborder="0"/></iframe> Edited by apswfcowl

Ok, I'll try again: To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part)Here goes........We beat ‘em at Wem-ber-leeTwo-One back in Ninety-ThreeOn Boxing Day in Seventy-Nine we got four (oh we got four!)Then in Twenty-TwelveWe met back down in League OneAnd just like back thenWe beat ‘em again!Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”This song HAS to get going as it is quality!!!! I am convinced it could become a classic celebration of our great victories over our neighbours if it ever gets going???See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (0.19 seconds in)<iframe id="ytplayer" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://youtube.com/watch?v=0XToD6PKIOg?version=3" frameborder="0"/></iframe>

Much more like it!

This is a proper football song. Cracking lyrics, has massive potential to be an instant classic. Top effort!

Not a waste of a thread mate, anything that's any good will be pasted onto the band to try out. The Semedo and Llera chants started on a thread like this preseason so let's hear what you've got :)

Went wrong last time so I'll try again:I am convinced it could become a classic celebration of our great victories over our neighbours if it ever gets going???To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part)Here goes........We beat ‘em at Wem-ber-leeTwo-One back in Ninety-ThreeOn Boxing Day in Seventy-Nine we got four (oh we got four!)Then in Twenty-TwelveWe met back down in League OneAnd just like back thenWe beat ‘em again!Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”This song HAS to get going as it is quality!!!!See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (19 seconds in) Edited by apswfcowl

Attempt 3 - Why wont it just display as I type it?

To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part) Thanks Pompy btw, anymore comments?

Here goes........

We beat ‘em at Wem-ber-lee

Two-One back in Ninety-Three

On Boxing Day in Seventy-Nine we got four (oh we got four!)

Then in Twenty-Twelve

We met back down in League One

And just like back then

We beat ‘em again!

Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”

This song HAS to get going as it is quality!!!!

See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (19 seconds in)

Still not working?????

Just the words and then I've tried my best.

Then in Twenty-Twelve

And just like back then

We beat ‘em again!

How about we change the words to this? Seems very apt, Sheffield is full of proud folk from the working class background, from coal mines to steel mills which have been replaced by the call centres and office blocks. 

Could be sung slowly and hauntingly.. and as much as I find the band irritating most of the time (for drowning out any attempts people make at singing without them) I think a trumpet played along could add to it.

"Its a Wednesday fan I am
Its been in the blood since birth
And I swear to God its the greatest club on Earth
So I hold my head up high
And sing aloud with pride
To tell the world its a Wednesday fan I am"

Guest BirdonaMaguire

watching the celtic v juve match, what about that one celtic are singing

na na na na......na na na na...ay ay ay sheffield wednesday

The drum would give it a good beat

A pre band Hillsborough classic.

Right. On my lap top now and will try to post my song one last time.

As I said, I am convinced it could become a classic celebration of our great victories over our neighbors if it ever gets going???

To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part)

Here goes (again!!!)

Then in Twenty-Twelve

And just like back then

We beat ‘em again!

Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”

See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (43 seconds in)

Edited by apswfcowl