Today's ref - Oliver Langford

Guest SWFC10

Anyone arguing about that penalty is just plain wrong...I know football is about opinions etc etc.

But seriously- it was f**king stupid from Llera and yes, we'd have been given that penalty if it was down the other end too- because it was a blatent (and needless) foul.

Luckily big Mig made up for it only a few minutes later.

In the first 20 minutes Derby players halted our players in advanced positions twice . Then when Helan did it in very similar circumstances he was booked. Overly fussy and got a lot of decisions wrong.

Edited by Fedor

Anyone arguing about that penalty is just plain wrong...I know football is about opinions etc etc.

But seriously- it was f**king stupid from Llera and yes, we'd have been given that penalty if it was down the other end too- because it was a blatent (and needless) foul.

Luckily big Mig made up for it only a few minutes later.

I spoke to a Derby fan on the tram after the match and his opinion was that Ward dived.

I've not seen it on the highlights yet but my initial thought was also that he dived.

Either way he's a flap.

I spoke to a Derby fan on the tram after the match and his opinion was that Ward dived.

I've not seen it on the highlights yet but my initial thought was also that he dived.

Either way he's a flap.

Oh, don't get me wrong- Ward knew that Llera was coming in and was ready for the contact. Some players might have stayed on their feet and not even thought about the incoming defender.

But Llera clearly bundled into the back of him and (soft or not) it was a blatent foul.

Agree with you on the last point though Phil! Proper bellend. I even heard a Derby fan describe him in the pub before the game..."Oh, Ward's a total, total sh*t. But he's our total, total sh*t."

Guest intercity0wl

Was about average in comparison to those who have gone before him, ie not very good, i really fear for the physical element of the English game, fouls being given for the slightest coming together of two players.by nearly every ref now, its killing the game

Guest Sheff Owl

The Referees in League One were bad but they ain't much better in the Championship.

They seem to have to blow for EVERYTHING, hardly play advantage or let a quick free kick be taken..

Trevor Kettle, Andy D'urso, Neil Swarbrick and Darren Deadman are awful, how they keep doing it every week is beyond me.

Soft penalty, but correct decision. Linesmen today were poor, referee was very choosie with decisions especially regarding bookings, he missed a couple of definite yellows for derby, and the derby booking for foul on antonio the derby player appeared ti win the ball so can only assume it was dangerous play as opposed t a foul tackle, i might have let that go tomorrow on the park

In the first 20 minutes Derby players halted our players in advanced positions twice . Then when Helan did it in very similar circumstances he was booked. Overly fussy and got a lot of decisions wrong.

Helan's was a booking IMO - he took one for team.

I thought th Ref was OK today.