The immortal Wednesdayite

Does he have a ponytail?

No - longish curtains, brown, greasy looking, longish curtains. Facially he looks like Macauley Culkin, during his herion years.

Yea   thats him he's always home ...alone...and away....he just suddenly starts chattin' random Wednesday stuff....and you sorta jump.......he just appears...

You're just stood there...and maybe havin' a bovril...and all of a sudden a voice in yer ear goes..."Whoa!!...JJ then"...or summatt like that...

Edited by asteener1867

Guest Theboylangers

This sounds like a description of my mates dad, he was a season ticket holder in the 90's but every time he goes to the games now he becomes disillusioned for one reason or another, "im not coming back until etc etc." More often than not you'll find him in a full denim outfit, looking a little like a Jon Bon Jovi tribute act. The years have also been kind to him, where others around him have grown fatter and now appear weathered, hes stuck two fingers up to father time, a present day Dorian Gray. My theory is that these evergreen wednedayites stay the same age whilst Hillsborough grows more and more decrepit in appearance, the day we leave Hillsborough will be the day these guys disintergrate into piles of blue and white dust, their ashes taken up in a swirl of wind and scattered on the playing surface of our new ground, wherever that may be.

Man, that sounds cool. That last bit.

Rightio...this sounds weird..but theres a Wednesday fan...I saw him Saturday..Ive seen him since I was a kid..and he never ages...I saw him in 1960..I saw him in'91..I saw him in '93...Ive seen him at Cardiff..ive seen him at Shrewsbury...ive seen him everwhere...he's very small and he's a nuisance...he just walks up an' starts a random conversation...he's got longish black hair..looks about 12....always has done..never with anybody always on his own..home or away.....

Years ago i read a book about the "Wanderin' Jew"...a bloke who refused Jesus a glass of water as he made his way up to the cross on Calvary..and was cursed with wanderin' the world forever...I think...at Hillsboro'..we have someone similar.

Ive thought about posting this...was gonna do it a couple of years ago...but I thought..."No they'll think you are mad...but after Saturday...I made me mind up...cos he accosted me at the bottom of the ramp..on the Kop...me lad was there ..and Tez owl..who doesn't post much on here lately...an' tez's daughter...and we all agreed we had seen him for years..an' he never looks any older...never....

I saw him in the 70's...I saw him in the 80's...the 90's..and last Saturday....

You would think an Immortal Wednesdayite would be full of wisdom an' pathos an' stoicism, but he isn't.....he whitters crap...and i'm intrigued..bemused...and a little bit frightened....

Woah, woah, woah. Jesus went through parson cross on a horse?

Guest PrincessWendy

Rightio...this sounds weird..but theres a Wednesday fan...I saw him Saturday..Ive seen him since I was a kid..and he never ages...I saw him in 1960..I saw him in'91..I saw him in '93...Ive seen him at Cardiff..ive seen him at Shrewsbury...ive seen him everwhere...he's very small  and he's a nuisance...he just walks up an' starts a random conversation...he's got longish black hair..looks about 12....always has done..never with anybody always on his own..home or away.....

Years ago i read a book about the "Wanderin' Jew"...a bloke who refused Jesus a glass of water as he made his way up to the cross on Calvary..and was cursed with wanderin' the world forever...I think...at Hillsboro'..we have someone similar.

Ive thought about posting this...was gonna do it a couple of years ago...but I thought..."No they'll think you are mad...but after Saturday...I made me mind up...cos he accosted me at the bottom of the ramp..on the Kop...me lad was there ..and Tez owl..who doesn't post much on here lately...an' tez's daughter...and we all agreed we had seen him for years..an' he never looks any older...never....

You would think an Immortal Wednesdayite would be full of wisdom an' pathos an' stoicism, but he isn't.....he whitters crap...and i'm intrigued..bemused...and a little bit frightened....

Brilliant! Funniest post I can remember!

And welcome back asteener - I missed you!

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Rightio...this sounds weird..but theres a Wednesday fan...I saw him Saturday..Ive seen him since I was a kid..and he never ages...I saw him in 1960..I saw him in'91..I saw him in '93...Ive seen him at Cardiff..ive seen him at Shrewsbury...ive seen him everwhere...he's very small  and he's a nuisance...he just walks up an' starts a random conversation...he's got longish black hair..looks about 12....always has done..never with anybody always on his own..home or away.....

Connor Macleod innit.

Guest PrincessWendy

Connor Macleod innit.

If asteener saw him in 1960, I'd be very surprised if he was called Connor - doesn't that name belong to our beloved friends of the chava persuasion?

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Guest Darkus Owlus

You've probably seen his father once in the 60s, once in the 70s, he then died and his son appeared in the 80s, 90s and present day, therefore looks the same at aged 30.

Problem solved.

Guest PrincessWendy

You've probably seen his father once in the 60s, once in the 70s, he then died and his son appeared in the 80s, 90s and present day, therefore looks the same at aged 30.

Problem solved.

So long as his appearance didn't change over 30 years. Mmmmm. Is that likely?

Nah - "immortal Wednesdayite" is a far more plausible idea!

Bless you

HRH Wendy