Who's our best player?

You must be talking about Gardner .- surely not Taylor. Do you think Gardner could deliver a free kick or set piece like Llera can??

Definitely not talking about Taylor! No I don't think Gardner is as good at taking set pieces as Llera but technically gifted at actual defending? He's streets ahead of Llera. Positional play, judgement on when to make a tackle and how to read the game? It's no contest innit?

JJ is probably the most skillful but hes not consistant. Lucky for us really cos if he was he would be playing for someone else.

Antonio is probably more effective though with his engine and directness.Scores a few as well.

I think you have to be able to keep control of the ball to be considered technically gifted don't you? Both JJ and Antonio struggle in this area i believe, Yeh they can take a man on and out sprint many a midfield and defence but does that make them technically gifted?

You can rule out any English players if you're talking about technique. Anyone who said JJ or Antonio clearly doesn't go, their first touch can be dire at times.

It would have been Rodri before he left but I'd say Pecnik now. He's been a bit of a disaster here and he's not suited to the English style really but he's a proven international footballer and technically very good.

Tbh non are if you compare them to past players.

I just think antonio is effective if not got the touch of messi.

Football these days even in the prem seems to be more about being strong and have a good engine.

Skillful players seem a lot rarer than the 80s and 90s.

Pecnik . 

Streets ahead of the rest . 

You can rule out any English players if you're talking about technique. Anyone who said JJ or Antonio clearly doesn't go, their first touch can be dire at times.

It would have been Rodri before he left but I'd say Pecnik now. He's been a bit of a disaster here and he's not suited to the English style really but he's a proven international footballer and technically very good.

Told ya  :st2:

Guest thetruthisoutthere

The OP said our best player not our most technically gifted

Generally speaking when Reda plays we win, when he does'nt play we lose or draw. That to me encompasses the attributes of our best player............his overall effect on the team/score..........including workrate, heart, determination, technical ability, awareness, maybe some skill, pressence and anything else I might have missed. To me Our best player means who has got the most to give collectively and that in my opinion would be Reda

The man is immense !

opps just read the op again- lol fail my @ss off

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

cant see why you start a thread about best player, then narrow it down to technique,

now people are getting shhit for saying Antonio / JJ when them answers would be fine in a 'best player' thread'

but since this is about tekkers, I have to say semedo. has great positional sense, good control, keeps possession, finds his man majority of time (doesn't try 'pele balls') puts out fires with his reading of the game.

but I don't think he is our BEST player. that is probably Kirkland IMO

McCabe for me. He plays some terrific through balls, executes them perfectly and has the vision to do so. No one else in the squad does this on a regular basis. He will become a star for us in the not so distant future if we keep hold of him, definitely got the potential to play in the prem eventually.

which numpty says this is the best answer blunkett ! he's not even the best midfielder, he's not fit to lace Coke and Antonio's boots

Kirkland or Antonio for me

Jesus...

Feel free to tell me all our other players can strike a ball like this, I have no problem with you thinking it is someone else but to try and make out he's not even in the running and what was it not fit to lace coke's boots just shows how clueless you really are.

Guest Retfordowl74

Gardner for me... He's not the quickest but has excellent positional sense, reads things well and is calm under pressure. You can def see he has played at a higher level. I do like the fact a lot of our players are at a similar level. It's no good having one or two stars. We have a lot of solid/consistent pros. Don't think we've been able to say that for a long time. Buxton is one of my favourites, hope he gets a new contract

Jesus...

Feel free to tell me all our other players can strike a ball like this, I have no problem with you thinking it is someone else but to try and make out he's not even in the running and what was it not fit to lace coke's boots just shows how clueless you really are.

one good strike and he's the man FFS,

he's got promise but can't and won't get in the team for a long while

Pecnic is not a good technical player - it's just a perception people have of him because he's a foreign player.

If he was an English player we'd just say what he his - which is rubbish.

If being unable to pass, head or shoot makes you technically good then we've all got a chance.