Hillsborough in the Snow

That's great - I was too lazy. I was going to ask if anyone had helped.  Did you get anything for helping? Feee Ticket?

you know what I cant remember - I had a ticket anyway -  I think a few of the directors came out Keith Addy thanked me anyway

any idea what match that is dunsby or who the captain is ?........i think the captain that season was brittleton or wilson but the bloke in the pic isnt either of them .also the kit doesnt look right to me (though i could be wrong ).....you sure its wednesday?

any idea what match that is dunsby or who the captain is ?........i think the captain that season was brittleton or wilson but the bloke in the pic isnt either of them .also the kit doesnt look right to me (though i could be wrong ).....you sure its wednesday?

Good shout Torryowl !

I'm not that old but I understand that it was this game - don't know how they managed a crowd on a Thursday in January!

Thu 16 Jan GRIMSBY TOWN............ 5-1 Att. 26,442 Goals by David McLean 4, Tom Brittleton

The photo is a bit misleading I think - I assume little old Grimsby didn't run to a 2nd kit! I think that is the Grimsby captain on the right and Tom Brittleton captaining Wednesday in the white on the left! I may be completely wrong but that's what I think is going on!

The Grimsby kit of the time !

grimsby_zpsfa3f76c9.jpg

Good shout Torryowl !

I'm not that old but I understand that it was this game - don't know how they managed a crowd on a Thursday in January!

Thu 16 Jan GRIMSBY TOWN............ 5-1 Att. 26,442 Goals by David McLean 4, Tom Brittleton

The photo is a bit misleading I think - I assume little old Grimsby didn't run to a 2nd kit! I think that is the Grimsby captain on the right and Tom Brittleton captaining Wednesday in the white on the left! I may be completely wrong but that's what I think is going on!

The Grimsby kit of the time !

grimsby_zpsfa3f76c9.jpg

that'll do for me mate ....

January 16th 1913 almost exactly 100 years ago, FA cup round 1,

In other news.....

• The United Kingdom House of Commons passed the Irish Home Rule Bill on its third reading, by a vote of 367 to 257.[34] The measure moved on to the House of Lords, which was expected to veto the bill, which happened on January 30.[35]
  • Russia's Grand Duke Michael was stripped of his rank as officer in
    the Russian Army, after his controversial marriage was met by the
    disapproval of his brother, the Tsar Nicholas II.[36]
  • Srinivasa Ramanujan, a 26-year-old student in Madras, India, sent a letter to English mathematician G. H. Hardy,
    admitting that he had no formal mathematical training, but submitting
    more than 100 theorems that Hardy recognized as ingenious.[37]
  • The first wireless transmission between the U.S. and Germany was sent in the inauguration of a new telegraph system at Sayville, New York, with the message received in Berlin.[1]
  • Died: Thaddeus S. C. Lowe, 80, American meteorologist and balloonist, pioneer in aerial reconnaissance

Wednesday finished third that year behind Sunderland and Villa.

Biggest win 6-0 at home to Bradford

Heaviest defeat 10-0 away at Villa