Championship club ask to take George Boyd on loan next week

Guest zico sterland

Guest Fulham Fox

I think whoever shows him the love will get a bargain. He was apparently in bits at the Forest deal not going through.

As for the eye test malarky, he is hardly going for a post-graduate degree in reading books

Hull City are the team in for him on loan but as he's out of contract in 6 months, Posh would have only let him go for a fee during the transfer window.

Currently Posh's highest paid player at £12k per week.

The fee agreed was interestingly £350k. This was to be paid upfront with a further £350k for promotion to the Premier and another £350k if they stayed up. Palace offered wages at £13k + £1k appearance money. Forest offered £14k basic, which Boyd accepted, even though he is/was a Palace fan.

Also, and not really related to this thread but Hull had agreed to match DJ Campbell's current wage of £22k per week before the deal fell through.

I must admit I was not only very surprised to find out Boyd's on £12k at Posh but also quite shocked at Hull being willing to pay £22k per week for a player.

On SSN their chairman said it was a potential promotion Championship side that wanted to take him on loan so it won't be us.

He misread it due to poor eyesight. It said MASSIVE Championship side.