JJ

Guest markowl123

Heared that Bradford City are looking to take him back if we let him go in the summer

, cant see him dropping 2 divisions  though, he is too good to drop down to that standard.

I know some will say that they have got to a cup final, but that happens once in a blue moon,

1911 was their last major cup final appearance.  

Didn't JJ say if we don't offer him a new contract he will retire as he doesn't want to play for anyone else?

The guy loves SWFC yet has received his fair share of criticism. Sometimes justified, but sometimes the grief he gets is pathetic. He goes on a run from our box to theirs, taking out about 5 players in the process and hit's it just wide - All I then hear is "Your rumbleing poo poo JJ, get him off!!!" - Crazy, crazy people.

IMO anybody who cant see what JJ gives us really doesnt understand football.

Take him and Antonio out of our side and teams can squeeze up the pitch because we have no pace over top to worry them which makes everything more difficult.

Teams wont try this with JJ in the side as they are poo poo scared of his pace as if they got wrong side of him theres no hope of catching him.

35 yards, no problem

5 yards, no chance

Im never going to be his biggest fan if I'm honest and I think this has to be his last year, but I'll give him one thing, he plays his football his own way, and it might go from genuinely sublime to absolute dog turd and back again, but it's hardly ever boring

The odd thing is, despite being 32, I thought his performance against Hull City recently was one of the best I've seen from him with regards to his decision making and use of the ball.

Well, that is for the first 60 minutes, before he started shooting instead of passing. But that's JJ for you, and there's no doubt he was one of the key reasons we beat Hull that day.

To be honest, I hope we continue to offer him a contract each season until that season comes when he fails to ever get us off our seats.

Irrespective of that though, we do still need a wide player who's capable of delivering a good ball too - someone like Treacy.

Guest Teetowl

Loved his response to the rumours he was leaving yesterday

@DaRealJJ11: Rumours about me leaving #swfc makes me laugh 😄😄 #Onelove

I doubt if there has ever been such a frustrating man as JJ! Watch him go on a run, he never seems to have either the ball under control or his feet under control, but he gets there in the end. Unfortunately, when he gets there, it's what is going to happen. Will he hit the back of the net superbly, as he often does, or will he K.O. some poor sod in the upper tiers of the Kop.

He must be a terror to opposition players, he terrifies the life out of me!

He's the little girl with the little curl right in the middle of her forehead.

When he's good he's very, very good; But when he's bad Oh dear. 

I doubt if there has ever been such a frustrating man as JJ! Watch him go on a run, he never seems to have either the ball under control or his feet under control, but he gets there in the end. Unfortunately, when he gets there, it's what is going to happen. Will he hit the back of the net superbly, as he often does, or will he K.O. some poor sod in the upper tiers of the Kop.

He must be a terror to opposition players, he terrifies the life out of me!

He's the little girl with the little curl right in the middle of her forehead.

When he's good he's very, very good; But when he's bad Oh dear. 

If he hit the back of the net more often, or could supply that killer ball for someone else to smash home... he wouldn't be out longest serving player.

People seem to forget he has everything to be a very good top level player... Except that final ball.

The odd thing is, despite being 32, I thought his performance against Hull City recently was one of the best I've seen from him with regards to his decision making and use of the ball.

Well, that is for the first 60 minutes, before he started shooting instead of passing. But that's JJ for you, and there's no doubt he was one of the key reasons we beat Hull that day.

I'd agree with that, and also throw Huddersfield away last year in aswell, Llera's free kick took most of the plaudits but I thought he was probably our man of the match that day.

Thats the frustrating thing, he doesnt have to make things so difficult for himself, just play to his strengths, run at people and show a little composure on the ball, when he does and gets his head up as he did at Hull and Charlton, he is more than useful, its when he loses concentration and the ball becomes a danger to me at the back of the kop that he lets himself down a bit.

Has looked good fairly consistently recently though, lets hope the form continues for the remainder of the season.

Edited by Lee A

Looking back to when we first signed JJ when he scores what was (I think) one of his first goals for the club against Norwich City at home, he was such a skinny little runt.

Not sure if he has had to bulk up a little because that is how league football has developed or what, but he is a much bigger, stronger looking boy these days.

When he does "go missing"...its not hiding...he wanders around looking for the ball...gets it wrong sometimes...and yes some of his shots have bordered on stellar...but he keeps shooting, he never stops trying and when it comes off its oft times spectacular and sometimes vital.

Ive loved watching the bloke..and sure ive shouted "FFS!! JJ"...and held me head in me hands but thats been far outweighed by the spectacular runs, the magical goals and the  outright laughs ive had with the enigma the bloke is.

as for his consistency...well this season I reckon he's been pretty consistent well worth his place in the team and I still leave me seat when he runs at defenders, its the sort of thing that keeps me going to football...you know you could end up copping it in the face no matter how far up the Kop you sit....but you know it could end up bursting the net...

If he hit the back of the net more often, or could supply that killer ball for someone else to smash home... he wouldn't be out longest serving player.

People seem to forget he has everything to be a very good top level player... Except that final ball.

Very true if he had the final ball/shot every time he'd be playing for one of the top 4 not for us.

Go to about 2.49 in this video (which Grim uploaded to Youtube..good lad).

THAT is why JJ is brilliant to have around. Listen to our fans as he drives at their goal and beats a couple of players. Sheer anticipation and excitement...everytime he gets the ball. (And probably also explains his horrendous lack of composure too!)