Youngest age to take ur son/daughter to s6

Guest swallowowl

Ian Nolan broke his leg, remember buying a vest and writing Taz on it just like Di Canio and whenever i played on a sunday and scored id do the same as Di Canio.

should always remember the first game, it should be momentus and a big part of life, i know it was for me and i look back fondly

I was eight - a 1-1 draw with Shrewsbury in 1983. Aiming to take my eldest (four and a half) sometime early next season so he'll be five or thereabouts. He loves the shirts he has, tells his grandad that he's an Owls not a Bluenose (Brum City) and throws himself around the room when the MASSIVE score. Just need to finish the propaganda job off with a few games. His younger brother did me proud the other day by pointing at his shirt (a Wednesday one) and saying Owl.

Thing is he's only 2 and hasn't yet said mummy or daddy! (only joking...)

Guest JunglisticOwl

The last time I went on the Kop there was a young chap sat near me - with his son (who I'd estimate was about 3 or 4) on his lap. His lad had the hat and scarf on, he was a cute little thing - and his Dad was trying his best to get him involved in the game. His lad wasn't having any of it. On and off his knee etc. - up and down the row. I could see his Dad was getting anxious.

Eventually he parked himself next to me (plenty of spares seats) so I involved him in conversation - I regaled him with tales of when my own lad was his age, who'd bought him his hat and scarf (could I have it? - No), who was his favourite player etc. etc.

He was a right charmer. TBH he was more fun than the bloody game.

At game end, his Dad thanked me for my patience and 'apologised' for his behaviour - I asked him if I could take his lad home to meet my wife, she'd love him.

TBH it made my afternoon - I'm a sentimental old sod, but it reminded me of when my own kids were young.

All fans should have patience with young families with kids IMO - you never know, you might get something out of it yourself.

(I'm no good with babies though)

lol

I'm sitting next to you when my lad first comes!

Guest Fulham Fox

I would send your pregnant wife along so that they can get used to "we love you Wednesday we do" prior to birth.

That way they will catch onto the lyrics at a much earlier age via the fetal murmurings and be prepared for their initial baptism at the Cathedral which is S6 when they are born.

taking my girlfriend to her first match this weekend, cant believe i said yes, could well be single by the final whistle if stupid questions are asked!

fiancee [now wife] went to her first match on her 23rd birthday. complete with ground tour beforehand.

when we have little ones, their first match will be the first one i can get them to.

if we move back to the uk, once they're school-age they'll be coming regularly to matches. before that it depends on the missus and whether she wants to come or not. she does, the kids will. simples.