Youngest age to take ur son/daughter to s6

Mines 13 months now I'm not taking him till at least 4. No way will he sit still ATM,

Plus he got quite scared the other day when we scored our second goal against hull, I'm not sure he understood why daddy was jumping around like a loonie screaming at the tv.

Edited by Maddogbob

Why the flip would you take a baby that's only a few weeks / months old to a game. Utterly ridiculous. 

Because either parent can attend the game, too.

I didn't take my kids until they were about 5 & 6 to Hillsborough - But that went for taking them to other public places too. That, in all honesty, was because we were sensitive to other people's 'complaints' or that we might be embarrassed if 'they played up'.

So we tended to miss out/stay at home - or, only one of us attended. Abroad, people take their kids everywhere and society is relaxed about kids.

I regret our timidity now - I admire those that take their kids everywhere.

If you want to take a new born to the game - providing he or she is comfortable - then do it.

Don't worry about what others think (or if your kids make a fuss) - that's their problem.

Parents should do what they think is best - not what others think they should do.

You know best IMO.

I took my little lad to his first game when he was 4, Peterborough at home three years ago, it was kids for a quid so damage limitation if we needed to leave for any reason. He didn't really pay any attention to the football but everything else going on held his attention for 90 minutes ( As did hot dog, hot chocolate, Mars Duo at half time).

First away game was 12 months later, Birmingham in the cup, all went well until we got home, the missus asked him how we'd got on and he said 'Mum.....what's chlamydia ? ' ....... hahahaha remember her with the 'Mrs Larsson' shirt on off to the right of the away end ?

Guest bteriks

5 years ago i took my 2 years old doughter to Portman Road. It was January and freezing cold.

We are living in Norway. Took the morning flight with Ryanair. Rented a car at Stansted. Drove to Ipswich and back again after

the match. Took the evening flight back to Norway. This day costed approx 120 pounds.

One day in Oslo watching the national team would have costed us more........

My daughter has probably been to twenty games or so in her 21 months on the planet - sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she wants to get up and play instead of watching the match, sometimes she sits transfixed. She clearly identifies football, and can tell if it's Wednesday playing (or a team in blue and white stripes, anyway). 

Most importantly, she loves seeing all her fake uncles and aunties at the match, and playing in the Wednesdayite Lounge beforehand. It's part of what we do as a family, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

sometimes she wants to get up and play instead of watching the match.

The last time I went on the Kop there was a young chap sat near me - with his son (who I'd estimate was about 3 or 4) on his lap. His lad had the hat and scarf on, he was a cute little thing - and his Dad was trying his best to get him involved in the game. His lad wasn't having any of it. On and off his knee etc. - up and down the row. I could see his Dad was getting anxious.

Eventually he parked himself next to me (plenty of spares seats) so I involved him in conversation - I regaled him with tales of when my own lad was his age, who'd bought him his hat and scarf (could I have it? - No), who was his favourite player etc. etc.

He was a right charmer. TBH he was more fun than the bloody game.

At game end, his Dad thanked me for my patience and 'apologised' for his behaviour - I asked him if I could take his lad home to meet my wife, she'd love him.

TBH it made my afternoon - I'm a sentimental old sod, but it reminded me of when my own kids were young.

All fans should have patience with young families with kids IMO - you never know, you might get something out of it yourself.

(I'm no good with babies though)

lol

My neice (with her mum) went when she was less than a year old.

She's also been to an Ashes test (and seen England win!) at less than 6months old

It's all about indoctrination and family unity - the main reason to take the neice was so she could be photographed next to Ozzie Owl, the Kop sign, the South Stand gable and with a player. Its all part of the Sheffield Wednesday way.

Now she can't possibly support Sheffield united like her uncles on her dads side. WIN FOR SWFC!

If i had kids, and had my way - id take them straight out of the maternity ward and down to Hillsborough - sign em up as a young owl - the lot.

took my lad when he was around 8 to Barnsley away a few seasons ago now..

i nearly had a fight with the two blokes behind where we were stood..  the vile coming out of their mouths which they were shouting upset him to the point of him crying..

they ended up apologising..

we still go together now and hes 18.

All My 4 Nevill Ashley, Michael, Matthew David and Jo-anne Sheree had their S6 confirmations as babes in arms. All became regulars in their respective 6th years.

For safety reasons I could n't take them all along to a match on the same day so we had a rota and obviously the threat of missing a match was great for me as a tool of behaviour modification.

My wife's due start of April and its the question everyone keeps asking me.

This season is a little optimistic. Defo take he/she into the stadium next season, probably non-matchday though just for a few photos.

Got a couple months now to get 'Wednesday' into the babies name 

Take her now.......they say that babies can sense their surrounding whilst in the womb..

All My 4 Nevill Ashley, Michael, Matthew David and Jo-anne Sheree had their S6 confirmations as babes in arms. All became regulars in their respective 6th years.

For safety reasons I could n't take them all along to a match on the same day so we had a rota and obviously the threat of missing a match was great for me as a tool of behaviour modification.

Why didn't Michael get more names, Nev?

always remember my first game for my 5th birthday v Tottenham at home, Di Canio scored the winner, always remember it being a surprise and coming donw the hill to see Hillsborough and just shouting wow!