Youngest age to take ur son/daughter to s6

Guest swallowowl

Depends on the child and the parent. As long as the parent is willing to leave at any point in the match if the child won't settle I don't think it matters.

I went to my first game when I was still in my mummy's tummy. Villa - 1986, think Shutt scored twice and I was named after him.

Took Tommy to the Norwich last-day-of-the-season escape as his first match, he was six months old.

Took Isabella when she was six DAYS old.

You may say what's the point...but her first word was 'Daddy', and her second was 'football'.

Ours are coming up to 3 and 1 respectively - gagging to take them to a game but it seems a bit early yet (probably when they're 6 and 4) - especially given how much the eldest resented the Wednesday-Hull game replacing Peppa Pig for two hours.

Still, they've been all round the Megastore and the eldest knows how to shout "Come on, Wednesday" and "Yoooork-shire, Yoooork-shire" so the pre-season training is going well... :) 

My youngest was about 4 or 5, some league cup match. We were winning easy 3 or 4 -0, so we went early, about 15 mins left. On the way out saw Leslie Ash on the way in, she asked the score, told her, she asked has Lee scored, yep I said...Oh good she said ...have they played well...yeah ok I said...she tickled the young un under the chin...and i've bin jealous ever since

Took my daughter, then aged 8, to the excellent 0-0 with Ipswich in September 2008. She didn't enjoy it (although if anybody did I'd be quite surprised, save for fans of the ball being punted hopelessly down the line by full-backs) and still mentions the fact that I exposed her to bad language to this day.

Guest manc owl

If your kid gets bore take a Nintendo ds with problem solved (they enjoy playing the ds & you get to watch the game) lol

This is good advice^^^^^^

I took my daughter (aged 7) against Millwall at home in August, and she loves it. She now comes with me all the time.

To be honest, I don't think I'd risk taking them too young (def not under 5). They might get bored and become annoying, and you'll end up missing half the match, spending a fortune on crap to keep them occupied or leaving early.

My son's been to one match so far, Hull City at home this season. He's 4 next week and going to the Brighton game on Saturday. He comments on the crisps he had at half time more than anything but he liked being in the crowd with his dad and grandad and has said he wants to go again so we'll give it another go. 

He knows Wednesday are our team and loves wearing his shirt round the house on match days. I'm happy at that to be honest. Just going to get him to the odd game here and there as long as he says he enjoys it.

I'll stick a couple of cartoons on my phone and take some headphones in case he gets bored I think.