Don Valley stadium

Guest Fulham Fox

Guest Fulham Fox

Just picked up on another board that DV is an option - for what ??!!

Is this a wind-up or are there seriously discussions going on about moving from S6 ?

Guest Fulham Fox

Posted 11 days ago on a "Wednesday business networking site"

"Don Valley Stadium

We've probably all seen conversations on this subject before but it is now topical again - how would you feel if SWFC considered whether to move to Don Valley Stadium? 

My own personal view is that Hillsborough is our home and is one of the few football stadia left with some character so any move would have to be very attractive indeed to justify leaving S6. But would the DVS site offer better infrastructure, access, facilities, development opportunities?"

Admittedly from an accountant, but you can understand my concern.

There are places near there that my mother warned me about. 

I must admit, it's always surprised me how other Club's fans seem to accept and accommodate a move to a new stadia.

I don't think I could ever accept a move. Hillsborough and Wednesday belong together and are part of my heritage.

Seems a bit strong - but if we were to move I could see myself not bothering.

Don Valley is an awful stadium for football, because of the athletics track which makes the pitch seem a mile away. I was near the front for the friendly against Rotherham the summer before last and I was still about 30-40 yards from the pitch.

Even watching Tango doing the 110m hurdles at half time wouldn't make it worth it.

Posted 11 days ago on a "Wednesday business networking site"

"Don Valley Stadium

We've probably all seen conversations on this subject before but it is now topical again - how would you feel if SWFC considered whether to move to Don Valley Stadium? 

There are places near there that my mother warned me about. 

Probably be a good idea a couple of decades ago when such as Pleaty were Manager...!

Don Valley is an awful stadium for football, because of the athletics track which makes the pitch seem a mile away. I was near the front for the friendly against Rotherham the summer before last and I was still about 30-40 yards from the pitch.

Even watching Tango doing the 110m hurdles at half time wouldn't make it worth it.

Also it totally lacks acoustics and any kind of atmosphere.

Obviously it's an absurd suggestion for many reasons , but the biggest one for me is capacity and potential capacity.

It's got a capacity of 25'000 at the moment according to wikipedia, but we would need at least 10'000 more than that.

I can see it would be a good option for a lot of smaller clubs - I would love Sheffield FC and Hallam to use it and groundshare so I could get to a few games.

Such a shame that a decent stadium like that can't attract more athletics meetings and decent events to make it viable.

Edited by Bannofan

Wasn't Fulham Fox someone who was somehow tied up in the days when Bills and Kosich and that were knocking round?

Suspicious.

A lot of water has run under the Bridge since then...!