A Second Striker?

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Is it 4-5-1 or is it 4-3-3 think the system were playing is pretty flexible .Rather than a forward how about a ball plaiying centre mid to give the likes of Antonio,jj,Lita the bullets to fire.Think we have a mix of forwards on books now and enough cover for all formations in the forward positions.

You might be right. Wouldn't mind another midfielder or Helan type. The thing with the strikers is apart from O'Grady's early season form and now Lita, none of the others have looked up to it. It's looked better lately with JJ and Antonio more advanced but they lack Lita's composure. So if you think about it we're light in options upfront, especially if Lita got suspended or injured. Madine could become a Championship striker in a year or two but at the moment we've only really got Lita.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

lol

I do love this site.

During our bad run there were numerous posters on here moaning about us playing 451 and crying out for 442.

We ain't even playing 4-5-1 anymore.

Btw, some people used to say during the more bleak spells that all we needed was some goalscorers or creativity. Just because we've turned it around and now got one striker, doesn't mean we should just stand still. Plus DJ himself said before Charlton he wanted another striker or one or two more players, I think?

Guest zico sterland

Think there is a footballer in Madine but its about confidence,we also have Maguire who none of us have seen enough of to make an opinion and remember it wil be 2 from 3 LL,MA,and JJ.As for wingers we have Mayor as a back up and he has looked decent in a couple of cameos.What we lack is a Sheridan/Hoddle to put the foot on the ball and spray the passes around rather than the hopefull toe end upfield  were the ball is always coming back at us.

No we don't need another striker now we just need shut of all the lumps and replacd them with speed merchants

I'd disagree with that, if Lita gets injured then we are back to square 1, no one one to score any goals. Can't just rely on one person, they'll simply mark him out of the game

I don't think we're quite as desperate for a striker as we were now, if Lita stays injury free he'll find the back of the net at this level. If we were to do any business in regards to the strikers I'd probably loan out Maguire to get him some games and bring in someone like Vardy or Schlupp from Leicester. I'd keep COG as we will need a big striker at some stage to see a game out.