A Second Striker?

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Although another striker would be nice I always worry about us 'collecting' players again like we did last time. Signing a player like Earnshaw may push DJ to play him in the same way he felt like he HAD to play Bothroyd.

O'Grady was arguably in the form of his SWFC career at one point and he was taken out of the team for Bothroyd. I'd be worried about us doing a similar type of thing.

We need to move out players first. Maguire and Pecknik.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

My worry would be if Antonio or JJ get injured so think we'd need to find someone to cover and challenge them to keep them on their toes.

One of Pecnik or Rodri needs to be shipped out permanently and also one of Maguire or Madine on loan.

Aye, also with the likelihood of missing out on Helan, we may need another versatile pacey wide player as well as an extra striker but a few might have to go out first.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Although another striker would be nice I always worry about us 'collecting' players again like we did last time. Signing a player like Earnshaw may push DJ to play him in the same way he felt like he HAD to play Bothroyd.

O'Grady was arguably in the form of his SWFC career at one point and he was taken out of the team for Bothroyd. I'd be worried about us doing a similar type of thing.

We need to move out players first. Maguire and Pecknik.

That's a sensible post and wise concerns.

It looks as though we've learnt from mistakes made earlier on in the season.The team and squad is taking more shape and the manager looks like he's got a plan that we can now see in progress. We've now got more about us and some players have earned their way back in from the cold. Quality over quantity is the way to go but it does help I think having variation and different options as well, to change things in games when we need to or have more about us to open up different teams.

And by the way... I don't get the fascination with Jamie Vardy.

He's done nothing at this level or even the two immediately below to suggest he would do the business for us. He's struggled in a very good Leicester City side.

I'm sure he wouldn't even be mentioned on here if it wasn't for him being a Wednesdayite.

No we don't need another striker now we just need shut of all the lumps and replacd them with speed merchants

have to agree...

the type of tight performance we're puttin' up at present, now allied with something up front (at last)...

should be of the most benefit to us...

to add another striker to the team now, would likely take away from the effective performances we're getting...

and i'm not sure milan will see the need to splash out at present for someone to bolster the squad...

to go two up top, will require us going short in m/f, and the chance of going back to the performances of the first slump...

we don't need attack, attack, attack, (we've been playin' well enough, but not scoring)...

we don't need reckless (sexy) football, our defence is lookin' good for once...

we need to strike, and strike effectively and quickly...

no need for 30+ passes per move, or filling out a form explaining why our move didn't have 30 passes in it...

we're doing well, no need of intervention from the taliban wanting this, that, or the other...

And by the way... I don't get the fascination with Jamie Vardy.

He's done nothing at this level or even the two immediately below to suggest he would do the business for us. He's struggled in a very good Leicester City side.

I'm sure he wouldn't even be mentioned on here if it wasn't for him being a Wednesdayite.

Agreed dont get the Vardy thing either.

He was a big gamble moving so many divisions and it doesnt look to have worked. Why would we want him now?

My worry would be if Antonio or JJ get injured so think we'd need to find someone to cover and challenge them to keep them on their toes.

One of Pecnik or Rodri needs to be shipped out permanently and also one of Maguire or Madine on loan.

one of ?????

if we do go with madine out on loan, then we may need another in...

i don't see milan throwing money at a situation that isn't screaming for it...

Guest Big Guns

lol

I do love this site.

During our bad run there were numerous posters on here moaning about us playing 451 and crying out for 442.

True but you do realise the 4-5-1 were playing now is a Totaly different formation to the one a few weeks ago don't ya ?

lol

I do love this site.

During our bad run there were numerous posters on here moaning about us playing 451 and crying out for 442.

there always will be, it's a matter of differing opinions...

but a site like this will always be tied down by people wanting flowing, passing, outright attacking football (the type their team play with great success on fantasy football manager)...

however, real managers have to live in the real world, and deal with real situations...

whilst those itk are thankful that the fantasy boys have never heard of the WM formation, or we'd have cries for going 5 up top... :st2:

This may sound awful but I'm kind of glad when all circumstances are put together, that Madine has his court case in April as that I would imagine has put clubs off anything other than a loan. I do feel that this 'could' work to our advantage.

Whether DJ and Co decide to keep him firmly here past the end of January and then support him through April or he does go out on loan, gets his confidence back a bit more and then when the pressure isn't on him as much pre season / next, we can put him to good use in a stronger side.

I do hope that the above becomes a Win Win situation for both Player, Club and us Supporters. :)

If we need a hold up player then we should keep COG for now.

We then have Madine, maguire and lita for the one spot at the apex of the front three. If we signed another striker for that spot then either the new striker or lita will be on the bench.

I think we will go for a general forward who can do the same role as JJ or Antonio as it would give us more flexibility and depth without changing the system. Someone like Marcos Lopes could fit the bill here as a general attacker.

Milan, brilliant as he is won't be just throwing money around and hopeing it will stick.

If we were to look for a cheaper option, I will say yet again ( and I have taken abuse over this before ),

yes I know its Scottish but then so was Tommy Craig (Aberdeen) and of course our Giles Coke ( Motherwell )

pound for pound a worthwhile option imho would be Lyle Taylor of Falkirk.

As of yesterday scored 20 goals in 21 appearance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/t/taylor_416286.stm

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

have to agree...

the type of tight performance we're puttin' up at present, now allied with something up front (at last)...

should be of the most benefit to us...

to add another striker to the team now, would likely take away from the effective performances we're getting...

and i'm not sure milan will see the need to splash out at present for someone to bolster the squad...

to go two up top, will require us going short in m/f, and the chance of going back to the performances of the first slump...

we don't need attack, attack, attack, (we've been playin' well enough, but not scoring)...

we don't need reckless (sexy) football, our defence is lookin' good for once...

we need to strike, and strike effectively and quickly...

no need for 30+ passes per move, or filling out a form explaining why our move didn't have 30 passes in it...

we're doing well, no need of intervention from the taliban wanting this, that, or the other...

Lita took his chance after coming off the bench, which is the way it should be earning a place. Our other strikers haven't been up to it. We needed a Lita but what if he got injured? Options can help sometimes.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

think we should spend the money on a shooting coach for JJ. Imagine if he had that end product.

Aye and for Antonio, they'd both be class with more of an end product, composure and consistency. But wasn't Fowler brought in recently to help them?

Guest zico sterland

Is it 4-5-1 or is it 4-3-3 think the system were playing is pretty flexible .Rather than a forward how about a ball plaiying centre mid to give the likes of Antonio,jj,Lita the bullets to fire.Think we have a mix of forwards on books now and enough cover for all formations in the forward positions.

Edited by zico sterland