Dave Jones

Given that you 'negged' my post, I am making the assumption that some of the claims you make about being 'some people being a little disingenuous' and trying 'to represent the debate as polarised into one of two distinct opposites with no variation or ambiguity' are aimed at me. 

Actually, no. I can't say I've really noticed you above the crowd in all of this one way or the other. 

I negged that post because of the inference (granted, that might be my incorrect interpretation of it) that only one side of the debate was being divisive, when it seems to me that the other side had been multiple times worse.

but does he quote me because he thinks that I'm balanced, funny, stupid or just an arrogant miserable c0ck? 

I think I'm an arrogant miserable c0ck btw. 

If it is any consolation I have always classed you as a reasonable, balanced poster.

I have read nothing to change that view.

DJM on the other hand.

I have been a harsh critic of Jones and also called for his head given my choice of preferred manager which have become available recently. Fair play though, he has found the right formula at the moment and seems to be working well. Keep it up and well done!

Guest Big Guns

Actually, no. I can't say I've really noticed you above the crowd in all of this one way or the other.

I negged that post because of the inference (granted, that might be my incorrect interpretation of it) that only one side of the debate was being divisive, when it seems to me that the other side had been multiple times worse.

I was in a book shop today and asked the assistant for a book by Shakespeare

Which one she asked ?

William I replied.....

many thanks  shandy mate,

The i told you post's were predictable and expected but to all the dj in or dj out brigades it's wednesday that matters ,if the upward trend continues then the dj out post's will dissapear or if we go on another losing run  they will reapear .unfortunately thats the nature of the beast ,

This is the same rob who started a thread a month or so ago calling anyone who had disagreed with his opinion a "fickled cod canyon" or words to that affect...

*effect

I did not call "anyone who disagreed with my opinion" anything like that. I was always happy to have reasoned debate on the issue. But that was impossible with some of the fundamentalist views on here. There was way too much unnecessary abuse, which in my opinion, led to performances by the team deteriorating. 

Ok thanks.  Maybe I didn't articulate my point very well.  I was trying to infer that it is devisive to do this generally, irrespective of which side of the argument your on. 

I'm just really disheartened by all of the arguing about this particular subject.  We've had much worse situations and issues to argue about.  We should just accept that there was a difference of opinion, draw a line under the whole matter and then move on. 

There does seem to be a lot of back slapping going on this thread and a fair few "I told you so" posts going on. 

Leave out he caveats. You can read, I know that.

There is no 'I told you so' or 'back slapping' going on - comments have been directed to the minority of persistent posters who now have to wind their necks in.

Nobody wants to deny freedom of speech or reasonable comment.

Furthermore - 'we told you so' - seems a bit premature to me.

Booo!!! You're just a happy clapper! 

Booo!!! You're just a hater! 

Booo everyone that doesn't consider all aspects and post a balanced opinion.  Boooo!!! Boooo!!!!

Yawn. 

For me, there is a difference between booing, and asking people (admittedly ever more vociferously) not to boo...

Well done to DJ.

He has changed his approach and that of the team.

He was getting it drastically wrong IMO in a number of ways, but has changed course and it is now working.

Some of those changes may have been forced upon him, but whatever the reason, we are now going in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with that as we are never too old to learn.

Well done...!

Well done to DJ.

He has changed his approach and that of the team.

He was getting it drastically wrong IMO in a number of ways, but has changed course and it is now working.

Some of those changes may have been forced upon him, but whatever the reason, we are now going in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with that as we are never too old to learn.

Well done...!

Moreover, it proves that he isn't the dogmatist that people on here were making out.

He gave a prolonged run to a striker who had previously top scored in this league- I can understand why he would do that.

Even in amongst our poor run we were pulling some lovely performances out of the bag. Leeds is an example but there were others.

We were playing a cultured passing style and who can blame him for trying to persist with it?

Now we have gone to a solid, good off the ball, workmanlike style with willing runners to relieve pressure.

That is an example of a manager who is not so self important as to stick to failing beliefs at all costs.

In time I believe we will once more try to implement a more cultured approach to our attacking play.

It's all good.

Trust in Jones. He is a quality manager.

Edited by Beholder

Guest Distraught!

I was in a book shop today and asked the assistant for a book by Shakespeare

Which one she asked ?

William I replied.....

Funny that!

I went into a HMV store and asked for a CD by Shakespeare's Sister.

The assistant said which one.

I replied the one with the big t1ts and smelly minge.