Helan returns to Man City

Guest Big Guns

He's in their long term plans. Good Premier league clubs are thinking 3 or 4 years ahead all the time. With the soon to be FFP rules only the best academies and the clubs able to attract the best young players will move forward.

Did you see last week in Spain all 17 levels of Barcelona won on the same day. First team, reserves, under 18's all the way down to under 8. That is what City are up against and short term buying is not the long term solution. The first team fielded 8 or 9 of 11 starters from their academy (ok Pique and Cesc left and went back) but that is a frightening prospect for other teams to overhaul

I'm not saying Helan will be a world beater or a first team regular but he is one of the players they brought in because they think he might be capable of becoming a first team player. And they loaned him to us to see how he would do in competitive football.

If we don't get him back I'd like to see Mattock tried in front of Reda in the same system we have been playing. He's got a very good cross on him and can cover at left back. We'll need that for the "Reda to left midfield for goal kicks" system that we have been employing. Antonio, Mayor and JJ can't really do that and it's been a big feature of our last few matches.

Load off rubbish all man city think with is the big cheque book..

Guest Wilf Marshall

DJ must have made inquiries but I fear another Marshall situation.

As for Sidibe, Stoke must be laughing. We need someone like Earnshaw not a holdup merchant.

Guest zico sterland

Ashley Cole,Micah Richards,Glen Johnson all full internationals at 20 ,all groomed through u21s ,if Helan is such a superstar how come he has 0 caps full or under 21,and has played one league cup game for city.Dave il have a 20 spot that by jan 2016 Helan is not a City regular.I doubt very much if he will be at that club ,but I MAY BE WRONG.

Yes i would be happy to bet on it.

I'll have a tenner says he don't make more than 20 starts in his Man City career...That's nothing against him, but if they pay millions for established internationals to rot in the reserves then he, or most kids have no chance.

Edited by lukestheman82

A quick insight into the MCFC academy (I do actually know a bit about this)

City are pushing for young British youth. They've sourced out that English players are genetically quite well developed, and with the right coaching can become excellent players. Apparently anyway. For this reason, City have pumped millions into their academy since the Arab takeover, and are looking to replicate Barcelona and create an English 'La Masia' in the future.

English players are genetically quite well developed in that they have evolved to have 2 legs and a head?

I have "sourced" that Owlstalk posters are genetically well developed for talking complete poo .

Guest Sheff Owl

Didn't realise he has been at Man City for 4 years.

Just had a quick gander and i remember he was the player that Rennes claimed Man City 'poached'.

He may not play 20 games for City but because of their set up end up at a lower end Champions League Club eventually playing mid low table premier on big wages and eventually loaned to a Championship club so parent club can reduce wage budget.

A quick insight into the MCFC academy (I do actually know a bit about this)

City are pushing for young British youth. They've sourced out that English players are genetically quite well developed, and with the right coaching can become excellent players. Apparently anyway. For this reason, City have pumped millions into their academy since the Arab takeover, and are looking to replicate Barcelona and create an English 'La Masia' in the future.

Fascinating insight there Jon.

English players are genetically quite well developed. It's a shame our academy setup hasn't sourced this groundbreaking cutting edge discovery yet.

Guest Ripley Owl

What's odds on Helan ending up Warnock's dirty Leeds next week? :(

Now that would be a kick in the teeth,

But I'm sure Milan wouldn't let that happen.

UP THE OWLS !

Parent Clubs can be funny about loaning young players to clubs battling relegation.Or even players been played out of position.

For me, I'd now say left midfield, or left wing back will be his position moving forward ...

Can't see him going back to being a full back IMO

He is too good going forward and his pace is a real asset.... but, I suppose in systems like Man City's and Chelsea's for example ... the full back almost becomes a left winger anyhow !

Ashley Cole,Micah Richards,Glen Johnson all full internationals at 20 ,all groomed through u21s ,if Helan is such a superstar how come he has 0 caps full or under 21,and has played one league cup game for city.Dave il have a 20 spot that by jan 2016 Helan is not a City regular.I doubt very much if he will be at that club ,but I MAY BE WRONG.

As said a couple times in this thread he got suspended from International.