Helan returns to Man City

Before here he was on Shrewsburys bench and in and out at Carlisle I dont think he would cost any where near a million,I realy do rate him on what ive seen but he is way off the finished article and not premiership standard at the moment.Lets test the water if we have any money or put a deal in place with an agreed price before his price and value increases.

Wasn't Julian Bennett keeping him out the team? lol

Guest silvergusy

Man City will eventually look to cash in as he will not be a first team regular.

An extended loan is the best we can hpe for because we cant afford to buy him, not now and not in the summer either.

Guest Big Guns

Dave Jones did say he always trys to get a deal in place to sign loan players on a permanent deal..

That was probably before he realised how tight his boss is..

He'll be going back out on loan, so it makes absolutely no sense at all, why the club and himself wouldn't chose us again ..

He has improved no end since his first couple of appearances at left back, and proves a lot of balance to the midfield and that left hand side ...

He'll be going back out on loan, so it makes absolutely no sense at all, why the club and himself wouldn't chose us again ..

He has improved no end since his first couple of appearances at left back, and proves a lot of balance to the midfield and that left hand side ...

Parent Clubs can be funny about loaning young players to clubs battling relegation.Or even players been played out of position.

Could be similar to the Tavernier situation, parent club want him played as a fullback but we want him as a winger.

It's a real shame as he was starting to look a real threat in the advanced role.

Or it could be his loan period has ended and he's gone back to his parent club.....

Guest zico sterland

re Alan Pardew.But Tavernier hasnt pulled any trees up back there.As Pardew has warned all his youngsters they are fighting for their futures there as they havent stepped upto the plate.

Edited by zico sterland

I can't see it myself.

If man city need a left back/wing back they'll go out and spend 20m on one....their that kind of club.

Lets be reight....he's not going to play a more attacking role is he?!?! Who's he going to displace? Silva?

He's in their long term plans. Good Premier league clubs are thinking 3 or 4 years ahead all the time. With the soon to be FFP rules only the best academies and the clubs able to attract the best young players will move forward. 

Did you see last week in Spain all 17 levels of Barcelona won on the same day. First team, reserves, under 18's all the way down to under 8. That is what City are up against and short term buying is not the long term solution. The first team fielded 8 or 9 of 11 starters from their academy (ok Pique and Cesc left and went back) but that is a frightening prospect for other teams to overhaul

I'm not saying Helan will be a world beater or a first team regular but he is one of the players they brought in because they think he might be capable of becoming a first team player. And they loaned him to us to see how he would do in competitive football.

If we don't get him back I'd like to see Mattock tried in front of Reda in the same system we have been playing. He's got a very good cross on him and can cover at left back. We'll need that for the "Reda to left midfield for goal kicks" system that we have been employing. Antonio, Mayor and JJ can't really do that and it's been a big feature of our last few matches.

Guest JonTheOwl66

A quick insight into the MCFC academy (I do actually know a bit about this)

City are pushing for young British youth. They've sourced out that English players are genetically quite well developed, and with the right coaching can become excellent players. Apparently anyway. For this reason, City have pumped millions into their academy since the Arab takeover, and are looking to replicate Barcelona and create an English 'La Masia' in the future.

My mate scouts for Man City around yorkshire at junior level.

He recently saw a 7 year old lad, recommended him to City who offered him a trial. It went well & they are in the process of signing him up.

My mates got his name against him....if he ever makes he'll get a juicy bonus!

All the big clubs have scouts all over the country. Man city are no different.

Whilst I'd be gutted if we've seen the last of Helan at Hillsborough this season, I still think playing our own wingers AS wingers would benefit us more.

Helan came to the fore on the wing, but that really only coincided with Reda coming back.  Reda was the catalyst, not Helan.

The immediate problem is finding the right people to play up top, not on the left wing.   So, if we address that problem, we won't need Helan back.