Wednesday Player - how would you improve it ?

Make the home and away games WP Commentary team. Radio Sheff, apart from Mark Smith and Mr Staton are foooking rubbish...and 'now we'll go around the ground' pisssses me right off.

Best example being in the recent mid day KO when with around 5 minutes of the match to go RS went around the grounds to get the team news for the 15:00 KO games a good 40 minutes before they were due to kick off

shut it down

So deny people the chance to watch interviews, highlights, full matches, live broadcasts (alright, there may be the occasional hic-up)

Where else can we get something for less than a quid a week that gives us this much?

Too many moaners about the player......nothing is perfect but this idea to ask for improvements if the right way to address any problems and improve the service.

I'll echo what others have said in that a simple android app would improve my experience no end. It's just a bit of a pain at the moment listening on the Android. Plus being able to tune in when actually at the game is a great addition to the matchday. The whole site and Player portal just doesnt feel like a modern service when logged in.

Other than that the commentry is really enjoyable - esp now they have fixed the streaming issues.

Value for money would be a start.  

If you live out of the Radio Sheffield signal are you have to pay for their service.  We don't really get anything else of value out of it.  The RS service is great right up until they utter the words "let's go around the grounds", for us to hear about 7 local 0-0 draws and miss something in our match.

Get decent summarisers in too.  Russ Wilcox is a flipping sadsack.

Just make it work.  Number of times over the last 5 years I've been pulling my hair out with it not working 10 minutes before or after kick off.

Just not bothered...

Value for money would be a start.  

If you live out of the Radio Sheffield signal are you have to pay for their service.  We don't really get anything else of value out of it.  The RS service is great right up until they utter the words "let's go around the grounds", for us to hear about 7 local 0-0 draws and miss something in our match.

Get decent summarisers in too.  Russ Wilcox is a flipping sadsack.

Just make it work.  Number of times over the last 5 years I've been pulling my hair out with it not working 10 minutes before or after kick off.

It doesn't cut out anymore

Owlstalk Shop

It doesn't cut out anymore

It hasn't for a while no.  But it does occasionally do some weird stuff.  I've had it loop a couple of times on the bit that lets you rewind.  I was just sat listening and noticed the same thing being said again.  It was only when the same exact goal happened 2 mins after the first time I twigged what had happened.

Just not bothered...

The matchday commentary's is now fixed and works with no dropout

Better yes , fixed no

I tried to listen to the wolves gave on a hotel wi Fi in Italy last week it was very poor

The service needs to cater for low strength public Broadband

Also we need an iPhone app

Better yes , fixed no

I tried to listen to the wolves gave on a hotel wi Fi in Italy last week it was very poor

The service needs to cater for low strength public Broadband

Also we need an iPhone app

Agreed.  I was also listening to the Wolves commentary and it dropped out a number of times, it's definitely not fixed.

The main thing for me would be stop using Flash.  If they did that you'd be able to use it on iOS/Android without the need for a separate app (although a decent app would be cool).

I tried an experiment a few weeks ago and listened to Player on my computer and my Android phone at the same time,this was before the old style player came in. What was interesting, to me any way, was that the feed cut out a couple of times but at different times on either machine i.e cut out on the computer but not the phone and vice versa . Suggests to me that the problem may be what you are using to listen on and not the feed.

Since the old style player has come in not had a problem with it cutting out

My suggestions would be:

1. Speed up the links during a live match - it is slow when you click to look at match data from other matches - and the match data is significantly behind other sources time wise

2. Include a live goals flash - BBC has a good one which shows goals and goalscorers from all divisions as goals are scored

3. Include a chat room (ideally embed owlstalk's live chat room) on the same page - it is a pain switching between 2 tabs/sites

4. Include the fan cam video articles

5. Live stream public meetings where the manager/Chairman etc are addressing a public meeting of fans

6. Now, to look at the live scores in each division, you have to click on the division just to see scores from that division. Why not have a tab for ALL live scores to avoid so much clicking between pages?

7. Weekly video news bulletin

8. Should be completely android/i-phone friendly

Hope that helps.

I let my subscription run out last October.

The final straw for me was in September, we had no content to view for 10 days.

I like player interviews, even if they're only for 5 mins, but to go 10 days without any was criminal.

I quite liked Pearson', and whoever was with him on match day, don't know his name.

Even though the highlights often showed more than the football league show, the highlights often still missed key incidents in games, I'd like to watch all the key incidents, goals, penalty appeals, shot's on goal, bookings etc.

And there was one highlight game in September, where the commentator called us Sheffield United twice, which in my opinion is nothing short of criminal.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

My suggestions would be:

1. Speed up the links during a live match - it is slow when you click to look at match data from other matches - and the match data is significantly behind other sources time wise

2. Include a live goals flash - BBC has a good one which shows goals and goalscorers from all divisions as goals are scored

3. Include a chat room (ideally embed owlstalk's live chat room) on the same page - it is a pain switching between 2 tabs/sites

4. Include the fan cam video articles

5. Live stream public meetings where the manager/Chairman etc are addressing a public meeting of fans

6. Now, to look at the live scores in each division, you have to click on the division just to see scores from that division. Why not have a tab for ALL live scores to avoid so much clicking between pages?

7. Weekly video news bulletin

8. Should be completely android/i-phone friendly

Hope that helps.

In years gone by (pre PTV days) didn't the scores appear on a ticker tape jobbie?

Guest Deleted member

I can honestly say - Ive never once used it

How about - at the start of every season - every season ticket holder gets free access for 2 weeks? Then see how many subscribe?