Wednesday Player - how would you improve it ?

in all seriousness.....

the winner for me would be (as mentioned above) more player interviews at the training ground

some behind the scenes stuff.

Check out Man City's youtube channel for tunnelcam - that'd be cool!

I need to watch that tunnelcam again - have seen it but didnt' really get it

It was just players turning up and walking into the dressing room ?

Owlstalk Shop

Im one those people who had not purchased it just due to all the negative feed back on match threads in here about commentary being down, not working etc

The need to provide a reliable, constant service and then i will quite happily part with my cash and sign up to the player. But until the feed back improves im happy to stick with soccer saturday and other methods to follow wednesday games

If they fixed that they would have a new customer instantly

I agree with the above, integration with ios or android in this day and age should be as standard now. Its not a deal breaker but i would expect this to be part f the service by latest start of next season.

Behind the scenes stuff doesn't really grab me to much, but still nice when have a new singing or things like that.

As many have already said, make it work on iOS and Android. Change from Flash to HTML 5, or even better, develop an app for it. One that could run in the background like most internet radio/music apps can do.

I'd like more stuff after the match too, live player/manager reactions would be great. Reading out emails/fans reactions between the final whistle and interviews would be a good stop gap too. 

And yes, make our stream more reliable and less prone to dropping out. 

The matchday commentary's is now fixed and works with no dropout

correct if you use the old style player. I used it to listen to the Hull match whilst watching Sky and it was a few seconds ahead of the live t.v feed

Mental

I reyt don't get that one...

Just sit and listen to the commentary - sorted

The reason why it's ahead of Sky when matches are shown live is pretty obvious really. The clue is in the name, the signal from Hillsborough/wherever game is, goes up into space first and then down again into your living rooms, creating about a seven second delay up and down. For the radio/internet commentary, this isn't a factor, it's just fired down the line, like a normal telephone conversation.

Guest MoscowDave

Ditch the Radio sheffield stream and do our own commentary. It's annoying at away matches that it interrupts the match every 10 seconds to get reports from other Yorkshire teams matches. Who the hell cares about them!

Guest Phoenix

HD video and audio. Current audio quality is awful - so much feedback, speaker buzz and pops and so on. Granted it has to compensate for slower connections but it should have a sliding scale dependant on user bandwidth.

flip flash player off and get it streaming via HTML5 so iOS devices can use it too.

Edited by Phoenix

And for the interviews especially the post match press conference's either put a mic on those asking questions or use subtitles so we can see the question being asked, ridiculous.

A couple of years ago when I had time I posted about the possibility of utilising the forum tech talent base and starting a Owls tv magazine /station it went down like a lead balloon and since then Neil's started his crowd videos

There are probably far too many contractual hurdles but other clubs have managed it

For now I'd support Neil expanding what he does( if possible)  he knows what we want to see and it seems he has the contacts and 'in' to try this out - it may step on 'player' territory but tbh they don't cut it quality, content / frequency

The reason why it's ahead of Sky when matches are shown live is pretty obvious really. The clue is in the name, the signal from Hillsborough/wherever game is, goes up into space first and then down again into your living rooms, creating about a seven second delay up and down. For the radio/internet commentary, this isn't a factor, it's just fired down the line, like a normal telephone conversation.

So the Sky satellite is over half a million miles away :st2: