FAO all those Jones Out/Adkins in loonies...

As usual, the degree of condescension is in opposite proportion to the level of agreement with the poster in question.

The poster I quoted implied (perhaps accidentally) that the criticism of Jones has been somehow superior to the rebuttals. I was just introducing a little balance and perspective. Meanwhile, your replies have been free of similar sarcasm and cynicism haven't they?

djm, if you are referring to my post could you please elaborate as to how i am inferring that the criticism of jones is superior to the rebuttals? That isn't what I am saying at all. The JDB have been personally critical of the posters who have criticized Jones for the valid reasons that a sane football fan might make. Being called a chav or an idiot for thinking that Jones might not be the messiah is inappropriate at best.

ffs

You've now got the perfect opportunity to identify what those valid criticisms are and see whether people will dismiss them.

Why haven't you done it?

We all know what they are, but here goes:

Making Taylor captain immediately (please note I don't say signing Taylor).

Persistently picking Bothroyd, a player who clearly disrupted our attacking momentum.

Not persisting with Rodri.

Being anywhere remotely involves with the signing of sidibe.

losing the home advantage we established in league one.

I could go on, but I'm on my bberry. Will happily continue tomorrow if needed!!

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

djm, if you are referring to my post could you please elaborate as to how i am inferring that the criticism of jones is superior to the rebuttals? That isn't what I am saying at all. The JDB have been personally critical of the posters who have criticized Jones for the valid reasons that a sane football fan might make. Being called a chav or an idiot for thinking that Jones might not be the messiah is inappropriate at best.

I did indicate that it was probably not intentional, but use of the term 'moral high ground' did to me at least imply a certain level of disapproval, especially when used in conjunction with the label of 'brigade' which is also usually employed with something of a sneer.

But as I've said many times, part of the problem is that the arguments very quickly descend into a misrepresentation of the wider scope into one of two directly opposing camps. This is not helped by a handful of idiots who do actually post in that reactionary way, but many more reasonable contributions are swallowed up into the brawl with the nuances ignored.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I want us to do well regardless of whoever is the manager and whoever the players are. This season we've been so dire and poo poo its been for the most part as embarrassing as some of our worst ever seasons. This season DJ has seemed inept in every way apart from the Hull game. We've been unwatchable and so dire this season apart from a handful of games. Regardless of money to get players, a better manager could lift everyone and the team and get more out of them than DJ. Fair enough we improved at Hull but thats a one off. We are still poo poo at home and only one or two defeats away from being back in the drop zone and back where we were before a handful of good results. Adkins or Di Canio would do a better job than DJ.

To be honest...the whole season has been bewildering. 

Take last Saturday.

I'm sat there at my mates and the team news flashes up a few moments before kick off.

My first thought..."He's lost, he's actually gone batsh*t mad. We've got no strikers and Giles Coke has been recalled from exile - we're fooked"...

And then we go and put in one of our best away displays in god knows how long and Jones tactics are about as spot on as you could get.

MENTAL!  

To be honest...the whole season has been bewildering.

Take last Saturday.

I'm sat there at my mates and the team news flashes up a few moments before kick off.

My first thought..."He's lost, he's actually gone batsh*t mad. We've got no strikers and Giles Coke has been recalled from exile - we're fooked"...

And then we go and put in one of our best away displays in god knows how long and Jones tactics are about as spot on as you could get.

MENTAL!

I had similar thoughts mate.

Take last Saturday.

MENTAL!  

For no logical reason that I can articulate with any authority I actually liked that starting 11.

Coke is a funny one. Throughout his career he has shown glimpses of real ability but also has tended to fade after too few games. You hope that the penny has dropped and that he can apply himself consistently for his own sake and for the benefit of the club.

Edited by Dagmeister

Take last Saturday.

MENTAL!  

Doesn't that illustrate to some degree one of the points I've been making for ages? That the game is not as clinical and certain as some supporters (and pundits) would have us all believe. The element of randomness and chance makes treating it like some sort of secret alchemy that only a select few understand fully (which paradoxically is presented at the same time as being simple and 'not rocket science') something of a fallacy? 

Doesn't that illustrate to some degree one of the points I've been making for ages? That the game is not as clinical and certain as some supporters (and pundits) would have us all believe. The element of randomness and chance makes treating it like some sort of secret alchemy that only a select few understand fully (which paradoxically is presented at the same time as being simple and 'not rocket science') something of a fallacy? 

I preferred my anecdote and the use of words like "batsh*t" and "MENTAL", but I guess we appear to be alluding to similar things. 

Thank flip reality is far removed from the perception of it on message boards.

The truth gets heavily distorted; players get either too much praise or too much blame.

Manager's words are taken out of context and the real manager ceases to exist in favour of a cobbled together image that bears no resemblance to the man himself.

Just all part of the drama of message boards that we are all a bit addicted to.

Edited by Beholder

Thank flip reality is far removed from the perception of it on message boards.

The truth gets heavily distorted; players get either too much praise or too much blame.

Manager's words are taken out of context and the real manager ceases to exist in favour of a cobbled together image that bears no resemblance to the man himself.

Just all part of the drama of message boards that we are all a bit addicted to.

I'm not addicted to OT. I can give up whenever I want, If I wanted to. I just don't want to but I could if I wanted. Just sayin'.

Edited by Dagmeister