FAO all those Jones Out/Adkins in loonies...

My honest feelings are that too many fans are trying to pigeon hole any Wednesday fan who questions the company line as a lesser fan or worse that they actually hope we lose, sorry but i dont believe that to be the case.

As I said, two or three have done it explicitly where no interpretation is necessary. 

When it comes to those I said implied such things, I remember them to some extent and you do not. So who is most selectively deciding what the posters really meant? One comment I do recall (because it was quoted a couple of days ago in a similar thread to this) was 'Almat' (a voracious critic who rarely posted anything but prejudiced, anti-Jones bluster) saying with regret that our victory at Barnsley 'muddied the waters' when it came to his impending sacking.

Edited by DJMortimer

As I said, two or three have done it explicitly where no interpretation is necessary.

When it comes to those I said implied such things, I remember them to some extent and you do not. So who is selectively deciding what the posters really meant most? One comment I do recall (because it was quoted a couple of days ago in a similar thread to this) was 'Almat' (a voracious critic who rarely posted anything but anti-Jones tirades) saying with regret that our victory at Barnsley 'muddied the waters' when it came to his impending sacking.

Im not saying you are selectively saying what the posters really meant, no need to get defensive, as i said im not having a go, i daren't risk your acid tongue.lol

Guest totemowl

CULT OF JONES!!!!

I just don't see this, People have criticized him, and rightly so, but I think the Jones Defence Brigade (From now on JDB) has tried to take the moral high ground and dismissed a lot of very valid criticisms.

ffs

You've now got the perfect opportunity to identify what those valid criticisms are and see whether people will dismiss them.

Why haven't you done it?

Why would any team sack a manager having just been promoted the season before, and having endured a difficult start whilst the team adjusts to the new league, are now playing well and look a good bet to stay up.

Q: Is the above re Southampton or SWFC

A: Both

The Jones out, Atkins in brigade who are saying what a joke it is that Atkins has been sacked at Southampton seem to be ignoring that we'd be doing the SAME BLOODY THIING by sacking Jones!

lol

exactly

it's that obvious it's embarrassing for those suggesting it

we should pity them

and give them leaves

while I accept you make a valid point on the surface. the two aren't really comparable because......

Adkins had back to back promotions, (DJ one)  Adkins first promotion, he started the job in relegation place (22nd)

DJs - he had 14 games to go and was in 3rd place,

also, we are a big club for the Championship and have had several seasons at this level in the last decade, (so we shouldn't be rejoicing at our current position) but Southampton haven't been In prem for a decade and are certainly NOT a big club for that league.

an if you look at who's below us in the champ you would be disappointed if any of them weren't!

But the Saints currently sit above the Villa and the TOON in the prem.

or maybe I could have just said, the season after promotion from league 1,    NIGEL did this an DJ is doing.... this

but proving you can take a team up from league 1 is a totally diff' kettle of fish to 'promotion to the promised land'

(Nigel done both)

I not saying you are wrong, I merely pointing out that I wont be needing any leaves thank-you Neil,

Meanwhile, your replies have been free of similar sarcasm and cynicism haven't they?

Yes, well perhaps me bemoaning the patronising/condescending tone of fellow posters is somewhat pious...

It is something that I've noticed whenever these debates come around and that is why I've chosen to highlight it. 

I won't dispute the fact that some of the criticisms of Jones have been absurd, but then I can't accept the viewpoint from some that everything is hunky dory at SWFC. 

My only hope for this season now is that we stop up and that Jones (yes, I hope he can see us to safety) can then go about rebuilding a superior, more competitive squad at Championship level. 

I think that a large part of my frustration stems from the fact that on my trips to S6 this season I've witnessed some of the most inept performances from a Wednesday side since the dark days of Irvine and frankly I never thought I'd be saying that about a side put out by Dave Jones...though I do think he is part hamstrung by limited finances and poor recruitment, the latter being partly down to him and probably those above him at the club. 

Yes, well perhaps me bemoaning the patronising/condescending tone of fellow posters is somewhat pious...

It is something that I've noticed whenever these debates come around and that is why I've chosen to highlight it. 

I won't dispute the fact that some of the criticisms of Jones have been absurd, but then I can't accept the viewpoint from some that everything is hunky dory at SWFC. 

My only hope for this season now is that we stop up and that Jones (yes, I hope he can see us to safety) can then go about rebuilding a superior, more competitive squad at Championship level. 

I think that a large part of my frustration stems from the fact that on my trips to S6 this season I've witnessed some of the most inept performances from a Wednesday side since the dark days of Irvine and frankly I never thought I'd be saying that about a side put out by Dave Jones...though I do think he is part hamstrung by limited finances and poor recruitment, the latter being partly down to him and probably those above him at the club. 

It's OK mate, overall I respect you as a poster.

And I can't help thinking that you have someone in mind that isn't me when it comes to everything being 'hunky dory'. :ph34r: I've said many times that there are perfectly legitimate criticisms to be made, I just wish people would stick to those without the spite, fantasy and nonsense.

Adkins clearly has ability on a number of fronts - man manager, tactician and knowledge of the game.

The only thing that concerned me was a strange rambling, quoting some long poem at a press conference a few weeks ago. It was completely out of character and was a holloway type, unhinged rambling.

Yes he should have been given more time but I just wonder what was going on behind closed doors.

This situation has clearly been engineered for some time.

Good post well put.

It's OK mate, overall I respect you as a poster.

And I can't help thinking that you have someone in mind that isn't me when it comes to everything being 'hunky dory'. :ph34r: I've said many times that there are perfectly legitimate criticisms to be made, I just wish people would stick to those without the spite, fantasy and nonsense.

theres alot of that spite,fantasy and nonsense going around, im talking of epidemic proportions.

Why the heck would Adkins want this job anyway?

lol

Get real.

Well this is a fundamental issue. 

Adkins stock is about as high as any out of work managers could be at the moment in England. 

Bet there are clubs a fair bit higher up than us contemplating a change. 

Guest Distraught!

Why would any team sack a manager having just been promoted the season before, and having endured a difficult start whilst the team adjusts to the new league, are now playing well and look a good bet to stay up.

Q: Is the above re Southampton or SWFC

A: Both

The Jones out, Atkins in brigade who are saying what a joke it is that Atkins has been sacked at Southampton seem to be ignoring that we'd be doing the SAME BLOODY THIING by sacking Jones!

Succinct common sense!

Guest Distraught!

'top of the form table' has got to be worse owlstalk phrase ever lol

Yes, I hate hearing that we're "top of the form table".

What a poo cliche. :wacko:  :huh: