FAO all those Jones Out/Adkins in loonies...

Hell yeah - there are.... 

Quite a few too who genuinely want him to fail, want him out, say he's trying to get rid of Megsons players out of spite etc etc

CULT OF JONES!!!!

I just don't see this, People have criticized him, and rightly so, but I think the Jones Defence Brigade (From now on JDB) has tried to take the moral high ground and dismissed a lot of very valid criticisms.

Really!!! despite any Wednesday fans disagreeing with alot of things DJ has done throughout the season i SIMPLY CANNOT believe that any Wednesday fan is actually willing him to fail!!

Sorry, but there have been a few stating that absolutely explicitly, and many more making the point implicitly.

As for examples, it didn't occur to me at the time that I would need to archive them for future reference. 

Really!!! despite any Wednesday fans disagreeing with alot of things DJ has done throughout the season i SIMPLY CANNOT believe that any Wednesday fan is actually willing him to fail!!

If he fails that means the club we love is failing and no fan wants that!!!

Get Neil to do one of his famous polls and simply yes or no do you want a SWFC manager to fail.

I would be staggered if any Wednesday fan would be willing to put there name to see Wednesday fail.

I think some fans are getting too precious at people rightly criticizing DJ and are seriously getting there knickers in a twist so much that they wont hear a single question asked of DJ and result to calling concerned fans who still want DJ to succeed idiots amongst other things.

I have to smile a bit at that. Not a pop at you but quite a few regular posters on here know my views on Jones's management for much of this season.

Your argument is of course logical but sometimes logic and supporting a football club become alien to each other. I do believe that there is a small, though vocal,  minority that now want to see Jones fail albeit quickly enough so as not to irrevocably destroy our season.

Edited by Dagmeister

Sorry, but there have been a few stating that absolutely explicitly, and many more making the point implicitly.

As for examples, it didn't occur to me at the time that I would need to archive them for future reference.

So both yourself and Neil say its so but wont name them so they could put this perhaps misconception right or explain there reasons if they hold such a view.

So both yourself and Neil say its so but wont name them so they could put this perhaps misconception right or explain there reasons if they hold such a view.

How many posts do you think there have been in the last four months of hysteria?

I'm very sorry I can't remember all of them for you at your behest.

:dry:

CULT OF JONES!!!!

I just don't see this, People have criticized him, and rightly so, but I think the Jones Defence Brigade (From now on JDB) has tried to take the moral high ground and dismissed a lot of very valid criticisms.

Yeah, some in depth and valid criticisms like :

His use of the word 'you' rather than 'we' in interviews.

Deliberately trying to get sacked.

Not being bothered if we lose.

Being boring in interviews.

Looking miserable on the touchline.

Originating from Liverpool.

Playing golf rather than conducting training.

How many posts do you think there have been in the last four months of hysteria?

I'm very sorry I can't remember all of them for you at your behest.

:dry:

My apologies as im not having a go at you or Neil, i simply feel that some fans have got thereselves so wound up that they believe theres some sort of "conspiracy theory " regarding anyone who questions the slightest of things on here.

Yes...that's the only criticisms that people have leveled at Jones...

What a bunch of thickos. 

My apologies as im not having a go at you or Neil, i simply feel that some fans have got thereselves so wound up that they believe theres some sort of "conspiracy theory " regarding anyone who questions the slightest of things on here.

It's up to you whether you believe me or not. But there have been a handful of posts that have explicitly said a loss or sequence of them would be desirable if it resulted in Jones being dismissed. A much greater number of used logic that implied something similar without saying it quite so directly.

I just get frustrated that people see things as two polarised camps. You are either 100% in favour of Jones or 100% against him when these arguments get going. Many times I suggested I was 'ambivalent' at his status and that the fabrications were so annoying precisely because there was so much that was real to be moaning about.

Yes...that's the only criticisms that people have leveled at Jones...

What a bunch of thickos. 

Well he still chooses to frame his response in a way that portrays anyone that has criticised Jones as some sort of knuckledragging simpleton. 

All for people defending Jones if they want to, but perhaps their efforts would be better appreciated if they didn't take a holier than thou attitude and respond to people in such a condescending, dismissive way? 

Well he still chooses to frame his response in a way that portrays anyone that has criticised Jones as some sort of knuckledragging simpleton. 

All for people defending Jones if they want to, but perhaps their efforts would be better appreciated if they didn't take a holier than thou attitude and respond to people in such a condescending, dismissive way? 

As usual, the degree of condescension is in opposite proportion to the level of agreement with the poster in question.

The poster I quoted implied (perhaps accidentally) that the criticism of Jones has been somehow superior to the rebuttals. I was just introducing a little balance and perspective. Meanwhile, your replies have been free of similar sarcasm and cynicism haven't they?

It's up to you whether you believe me or not. But there have been a handful of posts that have explicitly said a loss or sequence of them would be desirable if it resulted in Jones being dismissed. A much greater number of used logic that implied something similar without saying it quite so directly.

I just get frustrated that people see things as two polarised camps. You are either 100% in favour of Jones or 100% against him when these arguments get going. Many times I suggested I was 'ambivalent' at his status and that the fabrications were so annoying precisely because there was so much that was real to be moaning about.

ok but your interperating what someone implies is a bit of a grey area mate.

I would love to see any fan who wants us to lose to be brave enough to give there name and reasons (im not going to include another grey area of fa cup matches in this as it could get messy and is more a state of the game in general than a problem unique to SWFC )

My honest feelings are that too many fans are trying to pigeon hole any Wednesday fan who questions the company line as a lesser fan or worse that they actually hope we lose, sorry but i dont believe that to be the case.