FAO all those Jones Out/Adkins in loonies...

The Jones out idiots are pretty relentless I'll give them that. 

Like a virulent plague, the transfusion that is a win offers only temporary abatement to their pestilence.

I reckon that you've actually turned more people against Jones with your constant bleating. 

Won't happen. 

We've had a decent upturn in form and Jones might have a chance to bring in some further additions...though I'm not holding my breath on the latter point. 

I think that people are quite right to criticise the manager this season, but there are far too many fans willing the guy to fail...which is sort of self defeating when you actually think about it. 

Valid question that.

Yawn.

Ok, I will provide an answer the for the pedantic ones.

A pedantic question requires a pedantic response:

In making the point, I hesitated slightly over the word 'idiots' because I know that people with no argument will resort to picking out words that can form the basis of a counter attack on grounds different to the actual thrust of my point: the discussion becomes all about one word, the point itself being conveniently dodged.

Disingenuous outrage at an 'insult': idiots :rolleyes:

I use the term 'idiots' not because they disagree with me, but because of the multitude of spurious reasons they come up with as 'evidence' for the Jones out agenda.

When one reason is addressed, another is put forward and so on.

It becomes apparent that they are not interested in facts, as for them it is not about facts. They make their own up as they go along.

It has become about not being proven wrong. It is a matter of egoistic pride. They have spent so long constructing an argument that they will clutch at any straw as being evidence for it. However pedantic, imaginary or irrelevant.

They want him out and even if we went on to win 5 on the trot, being right will probably be more important.

Edited by Beholder

Yawn.

Ok, I will provide an answer the for the pedantic ones.

A pedantic question requires a pedantic response:

In making the point, I hesitated slightly over the word 'idiots' because I know that people with no argument will resort to picking out words that can form the basis of a counter attack on grounds different to the actual thrust of my point: the discussion becomes all about one word, the point itself being conveniently dodged.

Disingenuous outrage at an 'insult': idiots :rolleyes:

I use the term 'idiots' not because they disagree with me, but because of the multitude of spurious reasons they come up with as 'evidence' for the Jones out agenda.

When one reason is addressed, another is put forward and so on.

It becomes apparent that they are not interested in facts, as for them it is not about facts. They make their own up as they go along.

It has become about not being proven wrong. It is a matter of egoistic pride. They have spent so long constructing an argument that they will clutch at any straw as being evidence for it. However pedantic, imaginary or irrelevant.

They want him out and even if we went on to win 5 on the trot, being right is seemingly more important.

I see little difference in the actions you describe and your own towards certain former club employees in the past. It's all subjective anyway. Caliing people idiots on here is just rude.

Edited by Dagmeister

I see little difference in the actions you describe and your own towards certain former club employees in the past. It's all subjective anyway. Caliing people idiots on here is just rude.

I have been called far far worse.

Makes me smile that people have such a weak argument the best they can muster is calling foul on use of the word 'idiots'

It kind of vindicates my use of it.

lol

Edited by Beholder

I think Jones was quite rightly open to criticism but as SiJ has said, there is a suggestion that some are willing him to fail.

Really!!! despite any Wednesday fans disagreeing with alot of things DJ has done throughout the season i SIMPLY CANNOT believe that any Wednesday fan is actually willing him to fail!!

If he fails that means the club we love is failing and no fan wants that!!!

Get Neil to do one of his famous polls and simply yes or no do you want a SWFC manager to fail.

I would be staggered if any Wednesday fan would be willing to put there name to see Wednesday fail.

I think some fans are getting too precious at people rightly criticizing DJ and are seriously getting there knickers in a twist so much that they wont hear a single question asked of DJ and result to calling concerned fans who still want DJ to succeed idiots amongst other things.

Really!!! despite any Wednesday fans disagreeing with alot of things DJ has done throughout the season i SIMPLY CANNOT believe that any Wednesday fan is actually willing him to fail!!

Hell yeah - there are.... 

Quite a few too who genuinely want him to fail, want him out, say he's trying to get rid of Megsons players out of spite etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

I have been called far far worse.

Makes me smile that people have such a weak argument the best they can muster is calling foul on use of the word 'idiots'

It kind of vindicates my use of it.

lol

You know better than that though.

You're right you too have 'suffered' insults. It's wrong whichever direction it comes from. Some say that if you sign on an internet forum you should be able to tolerate abuse. All I'm saying is I don't particularly like it and feel it spoils the debate.

Edited by Dagmeister

You know better than that though.

You're right you too have 'suffered' insults. It's wrong whichever direction it comes from. Some say that if you sign on an internet forum you should be able to tolerate abuse. All I'm saying is I don't particularly like it and feel it spoils the debate.

I agree

Owlstalk Shop

Guest PHIL1867

*googles 'Disingenuous'*

Reading Owl called me this. Its my new favourite word.

I just randomly put it in sentences.

I rekon him and beholder made it up.

It is a made up word isn't it?

lol