Now Jones will be scared

Guest Big Guns

A serious question, BG.

What makes you so sure that changing the manager will make this situation even 1% different?

It might of course, but there is no certainty. Even Adkins if he was to be appointed, would be faced with the same uphill pressure.

None I'm not calling for adkins I want Jones to get us out of the mess he got us in

Guest Distraught!

None I'm not calling for adkins I want Jones to get us out of the mess he got us in

OK, then I misunderstood your intention.

and still in the bottom 4 but no matter the form league will save us ,

Whats the bottom 4 all about?

Is it just cos we're 4th bottom - if we move up a place will the next criticism be that we're in the bottom 5?

If we were 2nd bottom would you say we're in the bottom 4 or would you say we're 2nd bottom?

Also you might say the form table is irrelevant - but you know thats nonsense - we can only get out of our situation by showing good form - so the form table is highly relevant

And because of our recent form we only need to keep pace with the bottom 3 now - so its huge in our case

Guest Distraught!

And because of our recent form we only need to keep pace with the bottom 3 now - so its huge in our case

I don't entirely agree with that. I think it is a high risk strategy. I would rather target the two or three clubs above us and put some daylight between our league position and the drop zone. At this stage, I think the number of clubs in the mix is slightly more important than precise points tally.

Guest arobert

Totemowl wrote:

Of those you do mention Pecnik is a full international. Rodri is a Spain U21 international. Taylor was playing well in the championship last season if not this. Mattock has been performing at this level for some time. Corry and Mayor (and Rodri) were all recruited for their potential, rather than expecting to be plunged into games regularly.

Wow!!! - Pecnik is a full international and Rodri is a Spain U21 international.

This means nothing.  It is about being able to play football at Championship level and neither can.

Taylor as I said is ok as cover.

Totemowl were you at MK Dons the other night?

If you had been you would have heard the Wednesday end cheering when Pecnik was subbed.

As for Rodri - did we ever have a player who was a bigger let down and I include Ante Mirocevic and Wim Jonk in that.

One of the many arguments to keep Jones in was the lack of other good solid managers that were unattached. It was this that was possibly saved Jones when he went on that dreadful run. Now though with Nigel Adkins looking for a job another poor run could see Jonesy gone.

The thread title says it all: 'Now Jones will be scared'.

SnowyOwl - do you really think DJ will give an absolute flying f*ck about this? Really? Think about all the reasons you 'Jones Out' lot keep criticising him for (being arrogant etc) - he's tough as f*ck and really doesn't care about what he says/feels - that's why a lot of us like him, we need someone who's not a 'nicey nicey' for a change.

I actually feel sorry for the 'Jones Out' brigade now as you're clutching at straws and coming up with these really far-fetched, desperate attempts to drum up support for getting rid of DJ and what you're facing is a backlash and in some cases, p*ss take.

We get your point. We disagree with it. If we get a pasting later on, then find reasons (if applicable) to make your point, but please think back and ask yourself: will DJ REALLY have had a sleepless night last night because Nigel Adkins has been sacked?

jones has a knack of orchestrating his own bad runs dosent need or help in any way ,but that said he may have got it sorted this time who knows fingers crossed

we need some goals at home...

we can't go through a game counter attacking at s6...

can't believe them complete plonkers have sacked him to be honest...

he'll be laughing his balls off in another month when they're up to their wotsits in it...

obviously 5th bottom would be slightly better than 4th bottom and 6th even better than that , but 4th bottom is to close for comfort for me ,this team is as proved better than that ,it'l takemore than the last few wins and the form table to rectify where we are at the moment  will it not ,

But i concede better footballing brains than me have said we won't go down so no point arguing over obvious reasons as to where we are in the table  

Edited by trevdi9

But i concede better footballing brains than me have said we won't go down so no point arguing over obvious reasons as to where we are in the table  

I don't know whether I have a good football brain or not.

But, I am not at all convinced that we will eventually be safe.

I don't now how anyone can say that, with certainty, with how this season has gone so far.

It could go down to the last month or even the last game, the way I see it.

So, you are not on your own there, Trev.

And neither does anyone else on this forum. It's one of the fans' greatest myths that the game is somehow easily understood and influenced.

The way some of them talk you have to wonder why they aren't manager of Arsenal or something.

And neither does anyone else on this forum. It's one of the fans' greatest myths that the game is somehow easily understood and influenced.

The way some of them talk you have to wonder why they aren't manager of Arsenal or something.

It's one of life's greatest mysteries why I haven't been given that opportunity!!

But, I am not at all convinced that we will eventually be safe.

I don't now how anyone can say that, with certainty, with how this season has gone so far.

It could go down to the last month or even the last game, the way I see it.

So, you are not on your own there, Trev.

I agree with all that

But there's no point playing ping pong with the league position after every game

It generally goes like this...."we're in the bottom 3 and if the season ended today we'd be relegated" (yes, as bizarre as the aforementioned is - some people have actually used that phrase to describe our performance (sic))

Then when we're not in the bottom 3..."yeah well it doesn't matter because we're too close to the drop zone and its not good enough"

It goes without saying that we'd be much happier if we were flying higher - but i'm not gonna squeal like a stuck pig after every result that sees us hit the bottom 3 - same as i'm not gonna uncork the safety champagne for every game we stay above the drop zone.

We aren't guaranteed to stay up - just the same as we're not by any means doomed to relegation

But i think i'm different to the vast majority of posters in that i can accept relegation AS LONG AS it's in the long term interests of the club - and we're able to lick our wounds, regroup and build the infrastructure required to make us a strong club for many years to come - rather than the basketcase that lurches from crisis to disappointment - some very brief respite with ecstatic glee - then back on the treadmill enduring oceans more shyte

We need a plan that extends beyond the end of this season and far into the future - that can survive manager changes, owner changes and player changes

I don't entirely agree with that. I think it is a high risk strategy. I would rather target the two or three clubs above us and put some daylight between our league position and the drop zone. At this stage, I think the number of clubs in the mix is slightly more important than precise points tally.

I'm not saying that it should be our aim to stay pace with the bottom 3 - and of course we should strive to go as high as we can - we should strive to win every point we can possibly win

But the point i'm making is that we are in the position that our performance level to avoid relegation only needs to be 1 point, or a goal, better than the bottom 3 clubs over the remainder of the season.

I'm not saying that it should be our aim to stay pace with the bottom 3 - and of course we should strive to go as high as we can - we should strive to win every point we can possibly win

But the point i'm making is that we are in the position that our performance level to avoid relegation only needs to be 1 point, or a goal, better than the bottom 3 clubs over the remainder of the season.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i agree with your last post scram , and tbh i don't think we are to far apart in what we want end product ,i want us to stay up and that needs performances from players to manager at swfc we destroyed Hull  last week and we have had a few decent performances before that ,so taking that into context have we been underperforming,

or are we not good enough ,i myself think we are capable of staying up ,but will we get the performances and points we need,you are a clever fellow in football matters scram , and i would never doubt that , but even you know as well as i that football has a knack of  biting you on the preverbial, therefore my wanting us to be a little safer league wise isnt so wrong ,is it  

Guest Brid owl 1

We're close to dragging others into the relegation scrap, we're playing well and looking like a team and picking up points. You all need a reality check. Back the manager back the players. Whoever is in charge of Wednesday I WILL SUPPORT , whichever players wear the blue and white of Wednesday I WILL SUPPORT , yes we all hoped for better but it's January and were near bottom so as for this season at present time staying up should be main aim and every1 should be happy it's not lg1 again. Then nxt year we try again. UTO WAWAW

:biggrin: