Now Jones will be scared

In the middle of his use of the word "rubbish" Totemowl asked a question:

Rubbish. But perhaps you'd like to tell us which of Jones 16+ signings aren't championship standard?

Well watching the team the other night at MK Dons it was abundantly clear that the following are not Championship-standard players:

Pecnik

Corry

Maher

Mattock

Taylor you could say is OK for cover.  Sidibe from what I have seen in other games is way short.  And then there is Rodri who Jones said he did so brilliantly to get out of Barcelona, well he would struggle in my son's U15 team.

To use Totemowls' favourite word Jones has brought in some complete and utter rubbish.

Scram has already explained, at least twice to my knowledge, why we were basically forced to sign a number of young players in order to achieve the EPPP academy status we were after. This effort would no doubt explain the arrivals of the likes of Corry, McCabe, Lavery, and Mayor (sic). How much Jones intended to play them is open to question. 

Guest tha_knows

Well I don't think Corry was brought in to be a regular starter for the first team was he?? Gotta be honest tho I've been impressed with him, comfortable on ball, good passing but he has a lot to work on, but to say only last season he was playing part time, he's took his chances really well to be fair.

Guest totemowl

In the middle of his use of the word "rubbish" Totemowl asked a question:

Rubbish. But perhaps you'd like to tell us which of Jones 16+ signings aren't championship standard?

Well watching the team the other night at MK Dons it was abundantly clear that the following are not Championship-standard players:

Pecnik

Corry

Maher

Mattock

Taylor you could say is OK for cover. Sidibe from what I have seen in other games is way short. And then there is Rodri who Jones said he did so brilliantly to get out of Barcelona, well he would struggle in my son's U15 team.

To use Totemowls' favourite word Jones has brought in some complete and utter rubbish.

Sounds like more rubbish. You said most of these 16+ were not championship standard but you name 8, not most, and some of those are for the future, not expected to make an impact now.

Of those you do mention Pecnik is a full international. Rodri is a Spain U21 international. Taylor was playing well in the championship last season if not this. Mattock has been performing at this level for some time. Corry and Mayor (and Rodri) were all recruited for their potential, rather than expecting to be plunged into games regularly.

Poor answer to try and recover from what you said.

Edited by totemowl

thats reverting to the past though Mark ,and tbh he has orchestrated the two bad runs this season that have put us where we are  ,either way he has to earn his corn because another bad run  would see us down where we don't or shouldn't want to be , and as i have stated before the players have proved they can play so why are they not performing as such most of the time ,half the time there is no motivation and dire aplication from the players in games (unless half of owlstalk tell fibs)who presides over those games ,just lately we are making slow process admited and long may it continue but if the progress stalls then what ,league 1 aint far away ,

And before we get the we will not go down rubbish , we have said that before and ended up with egg on our faces , if we win tommorrow it will be great for all supporters ,and so on , and thats where its at for me  untill if and when we acchieve safety, game at a time mate ,can't predict the future and no one else can even though many on here think so ,

thats reverting to the past though Mark ,and tbh he has orchestrated the two bad runs this season that have put us where we are ,either way he has to earn his corn because another bad run would see us down where we don't or shouldn't want to be , and as i have stated before the players have proved they can play so why are they not performing as such most of the time ,half the time there is no motivation and dire aplication from the players in games (unless half of owlstalk tell fibs)who presides over those games ,just lately we are making slow process admited and long may it continue but if the progress stalls then what ,league 1 aint far away ,

And before we get the we will not go down rubbish , we have said that before and ended up with egg on our faces , if we win tommorrow it will be great for all supporters ,and so on , and thats where its at for me untill if and when we acchieve safety, game at a time mate ,can't predict the future and no one else can even though many on here think so ,

Aren't you also reverting to the past?

The present is we are top of the form league.

All that counts is tomorrow now.

I hope they don't throw away all the momentum and spriit gained last weekend.

Knowing us we will - it's the Wednesday way.

Hoping to go tomorrow, if the weather holds off.

All games involving teams around us will be off

We will then go on to lose and miss out on an opportunity.

THAT'S the Wednesday way...

Has to be one of the harshest sackings that have taken place in recent years.

Back to back promotions and they were just coming good.....replacing him with a manager no-ones heard of must be a real kick as well.

There'll be a few clubs that would welcome him as manager.....I back DJ but he would be a very good replacement if we do get into the position of looking for someone

It's exactly the same scenario as happened at Watford. The club gets Italian owners who want an Italian manager. It's probably too late now, but those in the know reckon the German model is the one to follow with regards to how football is run. One of the rules of the game over there is there are no foreign owners of German clubs, and unless I'm very much mistaken most of the clubs in the Bundesliga are owned, or partly owned, by the fans.

What with ridiculous money from Sky and the advent of foreign owners, our game has been totally ruined.

It's exactly the same scenario as happened at Watford. The club gets Italian owners who want an Italian manager. It's probably too late now, but those in the know reckon the German model is the one to follow with regards to how football is run. One of the rules of the game over there is there are no foreign owners of German clubs, and unless I'm very much mistaken most of the clubs in the Bundesliga are owned, or partly owned, by the fans.

What with ridiculous money from Sky and the advent of foreign owners, our game has been totally ruined.

Spot on this wolfman.

This and the 'spend spend spend' fans that are everywhere