Now Jones will be scared

Guest totemowl

When Southampton won promotion from League 1 Nigel Adkins kept the side together and addded just 3/4 quality signings.

The result was that they stormed through the Championship.

When we won prootion from League 1 Jones brought in 16+ players most of who are nowhere near Championship standard.

Plus we are now stuck with many of his signings on 2/3 year contracts.

I know who I would like to see in charge.

Nigel Atkins took Southampton straight from League One to the Premiership.

A team with a decent history

A team with a very loyal fanbase.

A team with wealthy owners.

And a team with a premiership stadium.

Nigel Atkins and Sheffield Wednesday should be a perfect match, enough said.

Nigel Atkins took Southampton straight from League One to the Premiership.

A team with a decent history

A team with a very loyal fanbase.

A team with wealthy owners.

And a team with a premiership stadium.

Nigel Atkins and Sheffield Wednesday should be a perfect match, enough said.

Serious question - how would we afford to attract him ?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest totemowl

When Southampton won promotion from League 1 Nigel Adkins kept the side together and addded just 3/4 quality signings.

When we won prootion from League 1 Jones brought in 16+ players most of who are nowhere near Championship standard.

Rubbish. Adkins brought in 13 players and got rid of a similar number.

Rubbish. But perhaps you'd like to tell us which of Jones 16+ signings aren't championship standard.

Correct. thank goodness we have kirkland, Lee, Antonio and others on 2/3 year contracts. Ludicrous to suggest they should be on 1 year contracts.

I can understand why you want Adkins based on your 'facts' but the real world facts indicate he may well be out of his depth having spent shedloads of money.

i result was that they stormed through the Championship.

Southampton already had a decent side and have an excellent youth set up which has produced players such as Bale, oxlade-chamberlain, Walcott etc. Arent we trying to put a youth system in place to hopefully bring some players on, players that can be a real asset to the club. If its 1 step back to eventually be 3 forward then surely the bigger picture can't be ignored, frustrating as that sounds

:laugh:

When it's as easy as that you have to wonder why every team isn't in joint first place.

Guest arobert

In the middle of his use of the word "rubbish" Totemowl asked a question:

Rubbish. But perhaps you'd like to tell us which of Jones 16+ signings aren't championship standard?

Well watching the team the other night at MK Dons it was abundantly clear that the following are not Championship-standard players:

Pecnik

Corry

Maher

Mattock

Taylor you could say is OK for cover.  Sidibe from what I have seen in other games is way short.  And then there is Rodri who Jones said he did so brilliantly to get out of Barcelona, well he would struggle in my son's U15 team.

To use Totemowls' favourite word Jones has brought in some complete and utter rubbish.

Guest Foxhill Owl

In the middle of his use of the word "rubbish" Totemowl asked a question:

Rubbish. But perhaps you'd like to tell us which of Jones 16+ signings aren't championship standard?

Well watching the team the other night at MK Dons it was abundantly clear that the following are not Championship-standard players:

Pecnik

Corry

Maher

Mattock

Taylor you could say is OK for cover. Sidibe from what I have seen in other games is way short. And then there is Rodri who Jones said he did so brilliantly to get out of Barcelona, well he would struggle in my son's U15 team.

To use Totemowls' favourite word Jones has brought in some complete and utter rubbish.

Corry is 19 !

Mayor when signed jones stated he was one for the future

Mattock is championship standard Brighton fans raved about him n were gutted they didn't get him ,Rodri never really seen much of him ,

Pecnik I must say is gash tho