Now Jones will be scared

Guest arobert

When Southampton won promotion from League 1 Nigel Adkins kept the side together and addded just 3/4 quality signings.

The result was that they stormed through the Championship.

When we won prootion from League 1 Jones brought in 16+ players most of who are nowhere near Championship standard.

Plus we are now stuck with many of his signings on 2/3 year contracts.

I know who I would like to see in charge.

Guest Foxhill Owl

When Southampton won promotion from League 1 Nigel Adkins kept the side together and addded just 3/4 quality signings.

The result was that they stormed through the Championship.

When we won prootion from League 1 Jones brought in 16+ players most of who are nowhere near Championship standard.

Plus we are now stuck with many of his signings on 2/3 year contracts.

I know who I would like to see in charge.

Southampton also had some very quality players when they got promoted from league one which we didnt .

Plus how much did Adkins have to spend in players 1st year back in the championship ?

Think Adkins will give himself a break for a few months then be aiming to get a club at least on a level above where Wednesday are I am afraid.

Do you really think Adkins will get an offer from a prem club? i don't.

One of the many arguments to keep Jones in was the lack of other good solid managers that were unattached. It was this that was possibly saved Jones when he went on that dreadful run. Now though with Nigel Adkins looking for a job another poor run could see Jonesy gone.

Just logged on

Read this thread

Have started smacking myself in the head with the laptop

Fooook me

Owlstalk Shop

I've been banging my head against the wall so often lately with all these Jones threads over the last few weeks I now need a plasterer and a few more head bandages .

Can't we talk about the weather or something .

Getting really tiresome now .

Go on the sheffield weather forum then.

One of the many arguments to keep Jones in was the lack of other good solid managers that were unattached. It was this that was possibly saved Jones when he went on that dreadful run. Now though with Nigel Adkins looking for a job another poor run could see Jonesy gone.

If that theory was right, then why didn't we jump at the chance of getting SOD?

It looks like we can't afford to sack Jones, for the same reason we can't compete with our relegation rivals in the transfer market ... All the money was wasted last summer #irony

I've been banging my head against the wall so often lately with all these Jones threads over the last few weeks I now need a plasterer and a few more head bandages .

Can't we talk about the weather or something .

Getting really tiresome now .

Go on the sheffield weather forum then.

Guess I asked for that didn't I   lol

If that theory was right, then why didn't we jump at the chance of getting SOD?

It looks like we can't afford to sack Jones, for the same reason we can't compete with our relegation rivals in the transfer market ... All the money was wasted last summer #irony

Or that Milan believed in DJ to turn it around. As he is now doing and has been doing for the last 6 weeks or so.