Llera or Taylor?

Glad to see that so many people have such strong feelings for Llera, and I must admit he is my pick too.

But fact is that we only have three CB's in the club, so we need them all fit and on their toes. The best thing would be for them to so evenly matched that we never knew what pair who come on next.

Taylor has, after all, had a decent career, at this level, so he can't be as bad as many people make him?

Lets stick up for our lads, and hope Taylor makes an even stronger claim for a starter place.

Oh, and Garnder og Llera against Wolves, for sure.

Just like Purse and look where that got us. Sorry but he's not good enough.

Theres a huge difference between the situations of Purse and Taylor at the time we signed them

But as a i keep saying, there is no mileage in trying to say anything that isn't hysterical and paints Taylor in the worst light -(or post disgraceful pictures) .

And it must be said i'm not particular fan of his - i just can't stand the pack mentality that takes over and then goes waaaaay overboard to actively denigrate and humiliate one of our players - even though it was a very understandable signing and has never really been given a chance to work out.

Funnily enough one of the times i have felt most strongly was when Megson was being disgustingly treated by Bolton fans - i used to stick up for him all the time against them - and i'm not president of his managerial fan club by any means!

Edited by scram

tbh Taylor was chucked in at the deep end with the captain tag stuck on as well , he had no time to get to know the players or how we play , And yes i know he played crap

dj is to blame for that tbh ,he should have been instilled into the side through substitute appearances until it was deemed he was ready ,same as the other wee wee tail up decision ala bothroyd , neither worked and it backfired , hense Taylor has his work cut out to be asuccess at swfc , i don't blame the player ,i'm sorry but the manager started this situation , which makes it that Taylor has to up the anti to remedy it ,

but Lliera for me as things are working and don't need fixing at the moment

Theres a huge difference between the situations of Purse and Taylor at the time we signed them

But as a i keep saying, there is no mileage in trying to say anything that isn't hysterical and paints Taylor in the worst light -(or post disgraceful pictures) .

And it must be said i'm not particular fan of his - i just can't stand the pack mentality that takes over and then goes waaaaay overboard to actively denigrate and humiliate one of our players - even though it was a very understandable signing and has never really been given a chance to work out.

Funnily enough one of the times i have felt most strongly was when Megson was being disgustingly treated by Bolton fans - i used to stick up for him all the time against them - and i'm not president of his managerial fan club by any means!

For me personally its nothing to do with a pack mentality or following a crowd its simply that i didnt rate the players when they came, they didnt show me anything to change my opinion once they were here and when they leave they will be considered failures by the fans.

For me personally its nothing to do with a pack mentality or following a crowd its simply that i didnt rate the players when they came, they didnt show me anything to change my opinion once they were here and when they leave they will be considered failures by the fans.

Some of those players were OBVIOUSLY signed because we had decided to run as an EPPP Cat 2 - which meant we had to assemble a development squad.

Maybe due to the turmoil at the club recently we should have been prudent and downgraded to a cat 3 or even 4 for now (well, 3 years at least)

Also, almost his entire budget went on Antonio - but people still expect to assemble a squad of new Championship-ready players

He did pretty well to bring in the best keeper we have had in years, the best centre half in years - it was also brilliant to sign 2 proven quality players in Bothroyd and Taylor (fuck the hindsight brigade - they were TOP signings for our situation and budget when signed) - he also brought in Antonio as mentioned and several players who look to have decent futures even though they might not be fully up to speed right now - but it is a trait of his to sign players with an eye on the future and he has some great success in the past this way - and yes, there will always be the ones that fall by the wayside - as is the case with EVERY managers signings - ever.

So, he had to assemble the 1st team squad and also look to introduce players for development - because that is the way the club decided to go.

I keep on saying it but i'm astonished at the lack of latitude and understanding afforded a guy who has given us one of our greatest seasons in modern memory.

The willingness of some to attack him at every turn - and often make stuff up to do it (or at the very least ignore extenuating circumstances) is pretty crass imo.

Some of those players were OBVIOUSLY signed because we had decided to run as an EPPP Cat 2 - which meant we had to assemble a development squad.

Maybe due to the turmoil at the club recently we should have been prudent and downgraded to a cat 3 or even 4 for now (well, 3 years at least)

Also, almost his entire budget went on Antonio - but people still expect to assemble a squad of new Championship-ready players

He did pretty well to bring in the best keeper we have had in years, the best centre half in years - it was also brilliant to sign 2 proven quality players in Bothroyd and Taylor (fuck the hindsight brigade - they were TOP signings for our situation and budget when signed) - he also brought in Antonio as mentioned and several players who look to have decent futures even though they might not be fully up to speed right now - but it is a trait of his to sign players with an eye on the future and he has some great success in the past this way - and yes, there will always be the ones that fall by the wayside - as is the case with EVERY managers signings - ever.

So, he had to assemble the 1st team squad and also look to introduce players for development - because that is the way the club decided to go.

I keep on saying it but i'm astonished at the lack of latitude and understanding afforded a guy who has given us one of our greatest seasons in modern memory.

The willingness of some to attack him at every turn - and often make stuff up to do it (or at the very least ignore extenuating circumstances) is pretty crass imo.

Think youve got the wrong end of the stick mate, my post was responding about Purse and Taylors ability as players, not other players we have signed and not our transfer budget.

Is that you being ITK again?

That pic of Taylor is pathetic btw - nice way to welcome players to the club

I never said I was ITK

You seem to have a habit of misreading posts ... the non arguments you create from that, keeps the site entertaining though

Reyt

The question should be taylor or my gran, she is like taylor in many ways, cant jump, cant head a ball, cant tackle, cant run, is no physical presence whatsoever.

On the plus side she bakes great coconut buns and does a mean stew.

I cant believe anyone would ask taylor or llera #unbloodyreal

I never said I was ITK

You seem to have a habit of misreading posts ... the non arguments you create from that, keeps the site entertaining though

Rubbish

When i was debating about Taylor still being wanted by Watford staff when he left you disputed it and said your sources were facts, info out on the public domain and ITK

So you didn't mean you were ITK but somebody else was?!? 

Well, somebody else always is but you can't base your arguments on the fact somebody knows the true facts even if it isn't you and you're basing your whole argument on nothing.

Bizarre

I have misread posts in the past - as has everybody else on this site - i don't make a habit of it though and don't create non-arguments.

If people don't like their opinions being scrutinised then they shouldn't post opinions

A bit like yourself

Rubbish

When i was debating about Taylor still being wanted by Watford staff when he left you disputed it and said your sources were facts, info out on the public domain and ITK

So you didn't mean you were ITK but somebody else was?!? 

Well, somebody else always is but you can't base your arguments on the fact somebody knows the true facts even if it isn't you and you're basing your whole argument on nothing.

Bizarre

I have misread posts in the past - as has everybody else on this site - i don't make a habit of it though and don't create non-arguments.

If people don't like their opinions being scrutinised then they shouldn't post opinions

A bit like yourself

So you did thoroughly misunderstand my posts *feigns shock*

I merely said I was basing my opinion on what was in the public domain (not ITK)

Zola was never going to publically say that he was pleased to get shot of Taylor.

Never understand that type of thinking....

Its part of the problem

Correct, On a couple of occasions when I first saw Taylor (which was after this first 6 or so games) he was the bset player on show for us, and people were slagging him off! Looks to me to be settling a little, but he's certainly no where near as bad as the doom and gloom merchants would have you believe.

Guest Big Guns

Correct, On a couple of occasions when I first saw Taylor (which was after this first 6 or so games) he was the bset player on show for us, and people were slagging him off! Looks to me to be settling a little, but he's certainly no where near as bad as the doom and gloom merchants would have you believe.

He does

He does

I mean he is