charlton away

Guest ESS6-BOY

theres a good away pub next to ground its called angltare or something like that ita was rammed with wednesday last time

close...it called the antigallican...big boozer on the corner bout 5-10 mins from ground...bit basic but as you said, rammed with wednesdayites

Guest OwlsAboutThat

We are planning to go to The sports cafe in Haymarket as we get into kings cross at around 11am from donny. Will this be doable considering the tube disruption ? Pretty clueless with London. Cheers for Any help.

Yea that's still possible mate.

When you get to King's Cross you can either take the Piccadilly Line to Piccadilly Circus or the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus and then change onto the Bakerloo Line to take you to Piccadilly Circus.

When you're all heading to Charlton just walk across to Charing Cross and jump on a train. I've just looked the times up myself and they seem pretty regular with average times between 25 and 35 mins.

I'm having a real short day trip for this one as I'm using some free train tickets which limited my return options. This plus the fact I'm on a major detox means I'm not drinking nor tempting myself so coming down late.

I arrive into KX at 13:04 - presume I'll have no issues getting to Charlton for kick off? What would be the best route? The tube with a couple of changes or other?

I'm back on the 18:30 so it's a bit of a push - reckon I should be ok?

Guest Gornaldo

I'm having a real short day trip for this one as I'm using some free train tickets which limited my return options. This plus the fact I'm on a major detox means I'm not drinking nor tempting myself so coming down late.

I arrive into KX at 13:04 - presume I'll have no issues getting to Charlton for kick off? What would be the best route? The tube with a couple of changes or other?

You'll be absolutely fine pal - When you arrive in to KX, jump on the Northern Line to London Bridge and then the Overground to Charlton, it takes 45 minutes max, so you'll have time for a couple of jars before heading in to the ground.

On the way back, just reverse it. So Charlton overground to London Bridge and Northern Line to KX.

I'd say allow yourself an hour from KX just in case, so you're fine.

Yea that's still possible mate.

When you get to King's Cross you can either take the Piccadilly Line to Piccadilly Circus or the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus and then change onto the Bakerloo Line to take you to Piccadilly Circus.

When you're all heading to Charlton just walk across to Charing Cross and jump on a train. I've just looked the times up myself and they seem pretty regular with average times between 25 and 35 mins.

Cheers for that.

Guest Gornaldo

Actually Senwar... Slight change on that!

Okay, so there are planned engineering works on the tube this weekend that I wasn't aware of.

ANYONE getting in to Kings Cross, you can take the following route, which takes no longer than 50 minutes:

From Kings Cross - Victoria Line (southbound) to Green Park

From Green Park - get the Jubilee Line to London Bridge

From London Bridge - Get the overground to Charlton

No longer than 50 minutes.

You'll be absolutely fine pal - When you arrive in to KX, jump on the Northern Line to London Bridge and then the Overground to Charlton, it takes 45 minutes max, so you'll have time for a couple of jars before heading in to the ground.

On the way back, just reverse it. So Charlton overground to London Bridge and Northern Line to KX.

I'd say allow yourself an hour from KX just in case, so you're fine.

Actually Senwar... Slight change on that!

Okay, so there are planned engineering works on the tube this weekend that I wasn't aware of.

ANYONE getting in to Kings Cross, you can take the following route, which takes no longer than 50 minutes:

From Kings Cross - Victoria Line (southbound) to Green Park

From Green Park - get the Jubilee Line to London Bridge

From London Bridge - Get the overground to Charlton

No longer than 50 minutes.

Look, right, we've been through this, the tube is not the quickest way through central london to London Bridge if the Northern line is down. Do this:

You can go downstairs at St. Pancras, and there's the Thameslink (First Capital Connect) train to London Bridge, which runs every 15 minutes and takes 17 minutes to get to there. Think it's the train to Brighton or somewhere.

If you have an Oyster card or are getting one, you can still use it on this journey and the entire journey to Charlton.

This way you don't have to do loads of changes, it's proper reliable, not as many people use it so you won't be squeezed on with all the Saturday shoppers.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Since you won't be on the Tube - you CAN drink

You can go downstairs at St. Pancras, and there's the Thameslink (First Capital Connect) train to London Bridge, which runs every 15 minutes and takes 17 minutes to get to there. Think it's the train to Brighton or somewhere.

If you have an Oyster card or are getting one, you can still use it on this journey and the entire journey to Charlton.

This way you don't have to do loads of changes, it's proper reliable, not as many people use it so you won't be squeezed on with all the Saturday shoppers.

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Since you won't be on the Tube - you CAN drink

Thanks Max - will do this then. I've got an Oyster although that reminds me I need to top it up.

Sadly, won't be drinking though - detox time. Never done a London trip without a beer or several!

I've got an Oyster although that reminds me I need to top it up.

Another quick q based on this - need to top up but you have to activate at a station then touch out at end of journey. Can this be done on the thameslink and out at Charlton?

Another quick q based on this - need to top up but you have to activate at a station then touch out at end of journey. Can this be done on the thameslink and out at Charlton?

Yes, barriers will force you to.

I say retox Senwar, retox. You might well need it come 5pm...