charlton away

Yes it is.

For anybody not keen on the London Bridge/Charing Cross overground to Charlton Station, you can get the tube into North Greenwich and then it's only a very simple and short bus trip to Charlton.

Seems a daft plan though when the timing is arguably longer by tube. The trains from London Bridge to Charlton are around every 10 minutes.

Is the station actually called 'Charlton'?

Yep and it's a very short walk to the ground on the away end's side as well.

It isn't what I'l be doing, but for people already over in South East London it could be an option.

I'l be going London Bridge like you myself.

True.

What about places that serve delicious booze near the ground?

We've been in their supporters club before and it was pretty good actually.

Loads of popular places within a few minutes walk of London Bridge station so that'd be a good bet. Especially if you're coming into London Bridge initially by Tube as you actually have to walk by a lot of pubs on route to the actual London Bridge railway station.

Edited by Sam779

Anyone interested, East Coast have put some cheaper fares on next weekend. £36 return on some journeys, albeit from Donny.

That's if you haven't booked already.

Group tickets of 3 people or more reduces it by a third, so can be £24 each

ive only ever done london games on inter city owl but i arrive at st pancras and then im getting a all day travel pass think they or about 8 pound for any zone getting tube to london bridge having a few beers then getting train to charlton, i can plan it all day but after a few beers it always changes !!!!

Didn't think the Northern Line was affecting that particular part of the route.

Must admit we're in a hotel for the weekend and getting the tube from Oakwood so I may not have looked properly.

Just says this on TFL (and then gives you the Victoria/Jubilee route on planner

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January, no service between Edgware, East Finchley and Kennington via Bank and between Edgware, East Finchley and Charing Cross. Rail replacement buses operate.

cheers pal well it says its 20 mins from leices sq to london bridge???

I would go that option myself, then you can get a beer or so from pubs near London bridge which are pretty good.

As for beer near ground, probably best off getting off a couple of stops early at greenwich where there are a few. Then either hop back in train or walk about 20 mins or so

Guest OwlsAboutThat

Guys, the Northern Line is down between King's Cross and London Bridge, but you can still catch the tube.

If your landing at King's Cross simply jump on the Circle line and head to Monument. While if your getting off at Victoria you can catch either the Circle or District lines to Monument. It'll take around 15 mins max without any signal failures or whatnot.

From Monument it's around an 7 minute walk to London Bridge (which is pretty simple as well, you leave the tube station and head south...across the bridge...).

Guys, the Northern Line is down between King's Cross and London Bridge, but you can still catch the tube.

If your landing at King's Cross simply jump on the Circle line and head to Monument. While if your getting off at Victoria you can catch either the Circle or District lines to Monument. It'll take around 15 mins max without any signal failures or whatnot.

From Monument it's around an 7 minute walk to London Bridge (which is pretty simple as well, you leave the tube station and head south...across the bridge...).

Wouldn't be my choice from Kings Cross to be honest.

If you're coming on the train down from Doncaster, you'll come into King's Cross. I'd walk across to St. Pancras (where the train from Sheffield terminates anyway).

You can go downstairs there, and there's the Thameslink train to London Bridge, which runs every 15 minutes and takes 17 minutes to get there. Think it's the train to Brighton or somewhere.

If you have an Oyster card or are getting one, you can still use it on this journey and the entire journey to Charlton.

Wouldn't be my choice from Kings Cross to be honest.

If you're coming on the train down from Doncaster, you'll come into King's Cross. I'd walk across to St. Pancras (where the train from Sheffield terminates anyway).

You can go downstairs there, and there's the Thameslink train to London Bridge, which runs every 15 minutes and takes 17 minutes to get there. Think it's the train to Brighton or somewhere.

If you have an Oyster card or are getting one, you can still use it on this journey and the entire journey to Charlton.

stopping at tower bridge, done a bit of homework and cannon st is the easiest  to charlton, also getting an oyster card, does this mean i can just board the charlton train and use the oyster so long as there's enough credit on it

reyt looking forward to this one

Guest Gornaldo

stopping at tower bridge, done a bit of homework and cannon st is the easiest to charlton, also getting an oyster card, does this mean i can just board the charlton train and use the oyster so long as there's enough credit on it

reyt looking forward to this one

Yeh Cannon St is fine mate, are you going overground from there? If so it probably goes straight to Charlton and yes as long as you have enough cash on your Oyster its fine.