FAO those who went to MK Dons last night

We started with the right intent. Pressed them quite high up the pitch and didn't give them room to pass it about. This worked as they made mistakes and occasionally hoofed it.

This meant we had the lion's share of possession in the first half. We held onto the ball quite well but just didn't have a final ball.

They didn't really get in our half except for the pen which I thought was harsh and another chance that Bywater saved.

As the game went on we pressed less and further back. The ref didn't allow us within a yard of their players without giving them a foul. His missed a few reasonable pen shouts for us (Antonio, Madine and a handball) and generally didn't give us much at all.

Only Pecnik was really poor but no one was great.

Guest Deleted member

Do you think it was after the fans saw the starting lineup ?

Yes - absolutely

You could tell from the teamsheet we didn't give a f*** about winning last night.

It was definitely a penalty - Buxton pulled his shirt entirely unnecessarily

Antonios def wasn't a penalty - his control of the ball was so dire it was 10 feet away from him when he tumbled

Pecnik was shocking, Mayor even worse. Mayor should have been subbed instead of Lee - Lee was having a good game.  Madine ran his socks off, O'Grady did his usual headless chicken routine without actually contributing anything, Llera had a nightmare, Taylor was ok. Buxton looked a yard off the pace.  

I gave Bothroyd Man of the Match.

Finally - the referee was absolutely terrible - I don't think their manager could have been more biased in favour of MK if he had been doing it. Llera and Taylor were kicked all over the place - particularly by Alan Smith - and the ref gave them no protection whatsoever.

don't read too much into anything from last night, from the team he put out it's obvious he didn't want to get through and rightly so. in the next round awaited the worst kind of draw, an uninspiring club who are good enough to beat us handily.

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

Bywater - didn't have a great deal to do but the second goal was poor

Buxton - one of the worst performances he's put in for a couple of years. He got caught out by the winger on a few occasions. Lee offered no support to him

Taylor - Get rid of him now. We missed Gardner no end last night. He was bullied by Lowe all evening, to the point where he looked scared of him and was starting to shy away.

Llera - the crowd got on his back and i think that affected him. He was hitting everything long, but that was probably down to the fact that Corry and Semedo in front of him didnt want to have the ball at their feet

Mattack - stead at best, didn't do anything special.

Mayor - offered very little going forward. Doesnt seem to be able to beat a man or create anything.

Semedo - Ran around like a headless chicken and just looked like he wanted to kick people.

Corry - well out of his depth. Could only pass sideways or backwards. Offered nothing in attacking postions and he struggled tracking back.

Antonio - our only real threat when he came on. Was blantantly fouled (again!) in the box. What is it going to take for him to win a foul in the area? Being hacked down with a chainsaw?!

Madine - I really feel sorry for him being lumped up top with no one supporting him at all. His movement isn't great at times but what can he do when the ball comes to him in the air and there isn't another player around him in yellow?

O'grady - worked hard when he come on but that was about it,

JJ - wasnt on long enough to make an impact.

Pecnik - He's from the Kim Olson school of football I think. Didnt look interested at all.

It was freezing cold, with zero atmosphere. Those that turned up didn't really get behind the players which was a shame but who can blame them when a second string team is playing?

Last thing, I agree with Jones about the ref, he lost it big time and you could see that Smith was controlling him. Smith was guilty of 3 or 4 fouls and didnt even get a talking to, especially the one of Llera.

Overall, pisspoor, on all counts.

It was cold, it was quiet, we were poor!

Enjoyed most the first half possession without a final product, harsh penalty against us although Buxton did have hold of there lads shirt. But if that was a pen then so should our claim have been in the second half when Antonio was brought down. 2nd half we were very poor and only threatened when Antonio came on.

Player wise Pecnik was awful, and I mean really awful. No one else really clicked either. I'm afraid it shows that our fringe players arnt up to the task.

Minibus was iced up on the inside on the way home!

More or less sums it up. We never looked like scoring - no cutting edge at all. Even when we went a goal down I thought we might get back into it but the longer the game went on the worse we looked. Dire really.

The atmosphere was different to Hull, but the matches were like night and day. 

The game was painfully slow at times, no opposition crowd and we were playing with the reserves.

I thought they could not be faulted on effort, but as expected with 7 changes it was disjointed at best.

It was an excellent following though, just over 1k i think. 

We should have done much better when we played them at home, the replay was always going to be tough, with the league being the priority.

I'm a little disappointed with Mayor though, he doesn't look anywhere near at the minute and Corry needs a few good meals before he can compete.

It showed what we all knew, the squad players are just average and no one really knocking the managers door down for a start.

Guest Big Guns

The best bits were when a fan shouted suck us off ref, and then later shouting ref youve just been bought like a cheap *****!lol

Is this one of them you had to be there moments for it to be funny ?

Guest intercity0wl

don't know why, but it was a totally different atmosphere from Hull...crowd was quiet,, like the burnley game,hardly any singing/banter ...even before we produced a lack lustre display...

the team seemed to be all over the place, no-cohesion between the players, played like individuals not a team...

it was a let down cos after going to the hull game I was looking forward to seeing if we could push on and keep the good performances going....what we produced exactley mirrored the bolton/ burnley performances   ie;- good game then she-ite

:picnic: 

You could feel the atmosphere drop as soon as fans starting getting wind of the Lineup, fringe players have shown how poor they are everytime they have been given a chance to impress.

MK Dons were just as bad, were there for the taking, and the only reason we went out was due to Team Selection.

Apart from that it was cold, but not as cold as last season, and the atmospher was akin to a sunday morning game on cabbage patch at Mexborough, this one was one to forget, and QUICKLY.

I only went as the missus' dad lives in Milton Keynes so we went down to see him and go to the match. I wasn't expecting much and it didn't even live up to that.

MK were poor but had the ref in their pocket and got a soft penalty. It technically was a penalty but you hardly ever see them given as it was the slightest tug on the front of his shirt. How Alan Smith didn't get booked all night I'll never know yet all the MK players had to do was fall down and hey presto its a free kick.

Atmosphere was poor but it was understandable. It very much felt like a reserve match or pre-season affair from the effort and the quality on the pitch.

All the fringe players were as bad as the first match if not worse but Pecnic should be singled out for being extra-specially poor. If him and Taylor never play for us again I'd be  happy with that. Antonio looked like the only man likely to do anything when he came on but he can't do it all on his own.

The stadium would be good though if it was finished and had a decent crowd in it.

I think summing it up like a pre season game is fairly accurate just 20 degrees older!

Bywater didn't have that much to do but pulled a good save to keep it at 1-0 shortly after their pen.

I thought Mattock and Taylor were steady but Llera got wound up to easily by Smith and the MK fans. Buxton and Lee tried to pass it about between them to much rather than driving us forward and getting crosses in. Semedo, Corey and Mayor didn't really click but that is understandable. Madine tried but it wasn't his night, Pecnik was shocking COG not much better and Antonio added pace but no end product.

All in all it was frustrating because we had the chances and were the better team for large parts of the game (mainly first half). Losing JJ early on upset the game plan and balance, the ref was poor, I liked the ground and would like to see it with more than a few thousand in there. It was cold but the Wednesday fans were in good spirits but realised early on it wasn't going to be our night.

I've had worse away nights and hopefully we will improve Saturday.

UTO

Just thawed out.

It was bloody freezing last night with nothing on show to warm us up.

I'd agree with the consensus apart from the fact that I thought Taylor did ok and Madine, for all his endeavour, spent too much time on his arse. Some effective approach play but no end product as we had no-one putting in crosses to Madine and we had no-one to create their own chances until Antonio came on. Lee played ok, as for the rest not mentioned they were all below average. Shocking ref, poor atmosphere but decent stadium. Disappointed that we didn't put out a stronger team but on paper that team should have been good enough to beat MK.

Guest intercity0wl

Bywater - didn't have a great deal to do but the second goal was poor

Buxton - one of the worst performances he's put in for a couple of years. He got caught out by the winger on a few occasions. Lee offered no support to him

Taylor - Get rid of him now. We missed Gardner no end last night. He was bullied by Lowe all evening, to the point where he looked scared of him and was starting to shy away.

Llera - the crowd got on his back and i think that affected him. He was hitting everything long, but that was probably down to the fact that Corry and Semedo in front of him didnt want to have the ball at their feet

Mattack - stead at best, didn't do anything special.

Mayor - offered very little going forward. Doesnt seem to be able to beat a man or create anything.

Semedo - Ran around like a headless chicken and just looked like he wanted to kick people.

Corry - well out of his depth. Could only pass sideways or backwards. Offered nothing in attacking postions and he struggled tracking back.

Antonio - our only real threat when he came on. Was blantantly fouled (again!) in the box. What is it going to take for him to win a foul in the area? Being hacked down with a chainsaw?!

Madine - I really feel sorry for him being lumped up top with no one supporting him at all. His movement isn't great at times but what can he do when the ball comes to him in the air and there isn't another player around him in yellow?

O'grady - worked hard when he come on but that was about it,

JJ - wasnt on long enough to make an impact.

Pecnik - He's from the Kim Olson school of football I think. Didnt look interested at all.

It was freezing cold, with zero atmosphere. Those that turned up didn't really get behind the players which was a shame but who can blame them when a second string team is playing?

Last thing, I agree with Jones about the ref, he lost it big time and you could see that Smith was controlling him. Smith was guilty of 3 or 4 fouls and didnt even get a talking to, especially the one of Llera.

Overall, pisspoor, on all counts.

Stay on his bloody feet, and give the defender as much of a hard time as he allegedly give some city centre Chavs on a weekend would be a start imo.