Best ever season following Wednesday

Find it hard to pick......'79 when we beat the blades...last year when we did the same....they both had the parochial sort of joy that tribal football brings.....

but probably '91 when we came back up under Atkinson, won a cup etc...but before that...It was the togetherness of the team that went down the previous season...they all stayed...the fans bought season tickets...it was a togetherness you would never get today..no parachute payments....no help...JUst players wanting to put things right...and fans backing them and believing they would do it....they did....footballs not like that now...it was then...

1958-9.   Only time I've seen us win a Championship.

Records broken all over the place.  I think the home record was Won 17. Drawn 3. Lost 1(in last minute).

Shiner top scorer with 28. Froggatt next with 26.

I assumed it was always destined to be thus.

Edit: the one we lost was 2-3 to Brizzle City after we were 2-1 up on 85 minutes.  Ring any bells?

Edited by Lincs Owl

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Been supporting since the late 1980s. The early 1990s seasons are my most memorable we had a fantastic team to watch, along with the time when we had the two Italians working their magic in a poor team. As well as the two recent promotions out of League 1 which were extremely memorable and will also be remembered till the day I die. Hope we have many more memorable seasons to come. UTO

2003/2004- Despite doing so poorly, it was my first season doing home and away. Enjoyed visiting a lot of the grounds.

2004/2005- First promotion season I witnessed, fantastic day out in Cardiff. Seeing a street full of just blue and white was a sight to be seen.

2011/2012- The best season of all, nothing else to be said. Again seeing 39,000 wednesdayaites at hillsborough really was something special. 

1990-91 without any question for me......

A promotion and winning the League Cup at Wembley was just amazing and to have been the only team outside the top division to win it at the time. 

The season had so many fantastic memories.....Hirst with a 4 goal salvo v Hull when we won 5-1....Tricky Trev doing a turn as a sub on the wing and still rinsing defenders at 38 years old......

The culmination being Sheridan's dink in the League Cup final against Man U......a memory that will live with me forever

For football, has to be 90-91. Great team and won a trophy. 91-92 looking back was unbelievable. 3rd in the top division! Some great results as well. If we ignore the blunts games, Leeds at one and arsenal away...

But last season will take some beating for me. First season both my lads came, season tickets, and went to Huddersfield, Colchester, Brentford with the brill atmosphere, then Wycombe. That meant they got the bug good and proper Nd I don't have to worry anymore.

Two more Owls confirmed!

I started going in the 91/92 season so just missed out on the 90/91 season but had the shirt and the video and it was clear it was amazing!

92/93 was good (awesome by todays standards) but we didn't win anything and seeing us lose 2 finals was heartbreaking especially when your 7.

The Semi Final was awesome though (It shoould have been 10-1)

But as I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years I have to stay the best season where I have follwed the whole season was last season.

Beating them pigs to promotion was every bit as good as that semi final, only this time we won something!

79/80 & 83/84 for me. Seeing Wednesday head in the right direction for a change in 79/80 was special in particular with the derby matches and 83/84 seeing us get back to the top with two great cup runs as well just capped it for me.

1990-91 without any question for me......

A promotion and winning the League Cup at Wembley was just amazing and to have been the only team outside the top division to win it at the time.

The season had so many fantastic memories.....Hirst with a 4 goal salvo v Hull when we won 5-1....Tricky Trev doing a turn as a sub on the wing and still rinsing defenders at 38 years old......

The culmination being Sheridan's dink in the League Cup final against Man U......a memory that will live with me forever

I think qpr and swindon were outside the top flight mate when they won it before us. No one since though.

all the promotion years fantastic memorys

the first season back in divison one

the atkinson years just fantastic

even the 83 cup run year

cambridge away

burnley away

burnley home

brighton semi my first fantastic day out

the promotion /rumblelows cup season

92 /93 season

last year so many great seasons

and with ups and downs all along the way

For me the 70's were the best, especially away games, the football was dire but there was something special about that time in the game...I didn't give a flying one that we were in the 3rd division, just travelling around watching the Owls with thousands of others was enough, the best was probably the 1 trip to Highbury & 3 to Filbert Street, snow all over the place...kin brilliant..