Best ever season following Wednesday

90/91 Simple as. I can still picture it now, Portman Rd taken over by a sea of yellow shirts to chants of "Yellows! Yellows". A season where we just destroyed anyone we came up against culminating in what was both the most terrifying (while we defended a goal lead)yet most emotional experience ever when the whistle blew at Wembley. I can still remember jumping up and down on our seats with the old man. It simply does not get any better, although 92/93 was a close second. How lucky we were to see that era.

90/91 Simple as. I can still picture it now, Portman Rd taken over by a sea of yellow shirts to chants of "Yellows! Yellows". A season where we just destroyed anyone we came up against culminating in what was both the most terrifying (while we defended a goal lead)yet most emotional experience ever when the whistle blew at Wembley. I can still remember jumping up and down on our seats with the old man. It simply does not get any better, although 92/93 was a close second. How lucky we were to see that era.

Summed up wonderfully, i actually feel sorry for the new/young Wednesdayites who can only ever read/watch videos etc from that era and didnt get to witness it thereselves. They will never ever know just how good we actually were !!

Although I was only just old enough to remember the 1929/30 championship winnning season was the best for me.

That would make you about 90yrs old...... Surely owlstalk most senior member.

My old man is about 65 and he struggles to turn a friggin computer on.

I salute you my man!

Incidently, it has to be 92/93 season for me. It was a great team and a pleasure to watch.

Okay, discounting any of the promotion/Cup Final seasons (all been mentioned, and yes, they were all brilliant), I'd have to go with '96/'97 - those four straight wins and top of the league, beating Liverpool at Anfield, Regi Blinker and Orlando Trustfull in the side - we actually had the makings of a decent team, and if we'd just managed to turn some draws into wins, we'd have breezed into Europe.

That would make you about 90yrs old...... Surely owlstalk most senior member.

My old man is about 65 and he struggles to turn a friggin computer on.

I salute you my man!

Incidently, it has to be 92/93 season for me. It was a great team and a pleasure to watch.

Always one, I'm 37 mate (and just being a ****).

Has to be the 90/91 season for me, my first season with beer!

My first ever game was losing 0-3 to Forest and getting relegated in 1990. I was still instantly hooked and bought a season on the Kop for the 90/91 season,which has never been topped since. 91/92 and 92/93 were great, but they never beat that first season for me

Always one, I'm 37 mate (and just being a ****).

Has to be the 90/91 season for me, my first season with beer!

Thats a shame. I was going to ask to borrow a pair of your incontinence pants for the next 'Shitstorm Friday Transfer Thread'

90/91

Everyone just KNEW we'd go up that year... Big Ron's Barmy Army... free-flowing football... chucking teddy bears around... beanie hats... two classic kits... guys in stonewash jeans celebrating on the pitch at Ipswich... a right ding-dong battle with Oldham and West Ham for the title... Goals on Sunday with John Helm... John Harkes' rocket at Derby... Tricky Trev - Super Sub... Hirsty's four against Hull... over 30k at Hillsborough 8 times... the epic atmosphere for the Chelsea semi-final... War of the Monster Trucks... that mental 4-4 at The Den... how much rain at the Wolves Boxing Day match?!.. Paul Williams - the most underrated Wednesday player ever...

All topped off by... DINK!

^^^^^^^^^

Great season although we didn't destroy anyone we came up against. In a normal season we would actually have been in the play offs but I think the Premier League was topping itself up in numbers so an extra team got promoted. Plus it was the season of one of the most shameful Wednesday episodes ever - the booing of Sheridan.  I'm not saying it wasn't a great season but it had its bad points too.

My favourite 79/80 - the end of long years of decline under my favourite ever manager TC, Andy Mac and the Boxing Day Massacre. Great days.

Hurst? let's put that one down to Alzheimer's shall we?

The 83/84 promotion season would have to be up there with them, WIlko's Army should have won the title but for an exceptional Chelsea, they were happy days.

Whoops! Did I REALLY spell Sir Davids name with a "u"? Unforgivable!...Great days though!

Last season was great to ram all those mind the gap taunts back down the grunters snouts! And we saw a team that kept going and going even when it all looked lost! And we lost our most influential player in Ben Marshall in Jan! And the 4-4 against Hudds was great! Top season! The scenes at the end of the Wycombe game were unreal!