Lewis Buxton

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

If he's allowed to go for peanuts or without a fight, I imagine that would be poor business. He's more than earned his place and he's a key player. Perhaps there was some truth in the Kevin McNaughton links? Would rather us keep our better players though and build around them.

Guest zico sterland

We wont get much of a fee if hes out of contract in the summer,if he goes for nothing that really is poor business on are part.

Guest wilfball

Must be our longest serving player ! Never a fan when he first signed but know he's the first on the team sheet ever time no question !

Must be our longest serving player ! Never a fan when he first signed but know he's the first on the team sheet ever time no question !

Him or Johnson,

Buxton has been one of our best signings in recent years though, just kept getting better over the last 3 seasons

Depends what he puts first - football or money.

Stay with us - that RB slot is his for another 2 years.

Go to QPR - an unstable club, yoyo'ing, throwing money at every player - then expect to be on the bench every other week. 

Oh, and if he does leave, we have Lee to fill that position. 

i dont think he's as good as everyone makes out if I'm honest, he gets beat far to much for my liking on 1 v 1's to cross

No he's immense, his fitness levels are incredibly high, as the years have gone on he has turned into a real attacking threat, can cross a ball, is actually very skillful and is defensively solid.

He rarely gets beaten by a winger IMO.

Him or Johnson,

Buxton has been one of our best signings in recent years though, just kept getting better over the last 3 seasons

Yeah JJ is our longest serving player, been here for 6 years end of this month!

Would be sad to see him go, he's only 28 so he's definitely got a few really good years left in him. Really consistent and steady at the back, as well as bombing forward creating goals. He's very underrated in my opinion, with him being in the last 6 months of his deal we'd probably only get around £200,000 for him. I'm hoping we get him tied up to another 2 year extension if this is true. However if he did leave it wouldn't be the end of the world, Kieran Lee has proved he's more than good enough to replace Lewis, and with the funds raised we could maybe go out and buy another right back.

Guest wilfball

i dont think he's as good as everyone makes out if I'm honest, he gets beat far to much for my liking on 1 v 1's to cross

are having a laugh !!

He should have been in negotiations to extend his contract last summer after promotion when we were handing them out all over the place. Maybe he was? Surely we weren't so clueless to let it get to this stage with still nothing?

He's come on leaps and bounds since joining us and i agree with many in this thread that he's the first name on the team sheet, however i also think he is replaceable.

What will be the most disappointing is if he goes for a nominal fee because he can leave on a free in the summer anyway. It should never have got to this stage.