Clayton Donaldson

Is that for me? lol

I just continue to be interested at how supporters (no one particular in mind) can have such firm opinions on players they invariably know next to nothing about. Sometimes, a clip on YouTube or a couple of quoted numbers are all it takes to establish the elite credentials of the next superstar. Then just throw in a few choice terms like 'hungry', 'confident' or 'potential' just like the TV pundits do (I'm looking at you Claridge, Townsend, Shearer etc.) to blag their way through as if they have any idea what the guy can do. 

I just continue to be interested at how supporters (no one particular in mind) can have such firm opinions on players they invariably know next to nothing about. Sometimes, a clip on YouTube or a couple of quoted numbers are all it takes to establish the elite credentials of the next superstar. Then just throw in a few choice terms like 'hungry', 'confident' or 'potential' just like the TV pundits do (I'm looking at you Claridge, Townsend, Shearer etc.) to blag their way through as if they have any idea what the guy can do.

Ah I thought you meant my costs comment. With regard to Donaldson though, I've seen him give us problems before and although possibly quite raw in some areas, if you are quick and strong you can be effective I.e. Sodje

Everyone has to start somewhere ,some will have the ability some won't ,but why diss someone when we know next to nothing about what they can do ,it's all about adapting to the next level ,the goals are the same size so hitting them should'nt be a problem,if you have the right service and the wherewithall to succede ,some rise to the challenge some don't but you have to gamble somewhere on our budget whatever it may be , ,

Everyone has to start somewhere ,some will have the ability some won't ,but why diss someone when we know next to nothing about what they can do ,it's all about adapting to the next level ,the goals are the same size so hitting them should'nt be a problem,if you have the right service and the wherewithall to succede ,some rise to the challenge some don't but you have to gamble somewhere on our budget whatever it may be , ,

Our squad is huge, our budget is low and we have to get our activity in this window absolutely right. Nothing is a sure thing, but this is too speculative and presumably too expensive for us to be taking a chance on. We need better than cheery whimsy.

I know that DJM mate ,my point was that people to easily diss players on here is all without knowing about them ,many players have risen from lower league teams and done well , also on the flipside they have done rubbish ,but NO one can say they are not good enough without they have been tried at thi level ,Not advocating we sign him ,but goals are found wanting for us so could be worth a look ,

I know that DJM mate ,my point was that people to easily diss players on here is all without knowing about them ,many players have risen from lower league teams and done well , also on the flipside they have done rubbish ,but NO one can say they are not good enough without they have been tried at thi level ,Not advocating we sign him ,but goals are found wanting for us so could be worth a look ,

Don't get me wrong - I'm not writing him off.

Unlike many on here, I'm perfectly happy to confess that I know little about him or 90% of the players in the Football League and feel no compulsion to try and pass myself off as a walking scouting database.

i know you'r not writing him off mate and many if not all of your posts are valid ,wasn't aimed at you tbh ,was speaking in general ,gems can come from any quarter not saying the lad in question would be one , but no one really knows until tried ,but thatsjust my take on it DJM mate i am probably wrong but hey ho at least we had a decent chat over it , lol

Nearly 29 and has never played for a decent club. He flopped in the SPL and couldn't get in a poo Hibs starting XI. I saw him a few times and he looked like a Conference player which is where he came from at the time. Pace but very little football ability. He would cost a substantial fee as Brentford wouldn't want to lose him, and he is totally unproven at a good level of football. Personally I think he's poo . Wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him.