Clayton Donaldson

I use to work a lot at York so saw him from his days there. Was always decent and always thought he could play at a higher level

BUT...

Not Championship standard, good League 1 forward, dont think he could hack it any further up

I also remember pointing out Martin Woolford as decent before he moved Scunny

He's poo . Lower league player.

Never been poo . Only had to see range of goals he scored for Crewe to know he's a player with ability. After the troubles we've had getting out of L1, not sure that level should be sniffed at. One of the best performances I saw, his last season against us at there place. Our centre backs couldn't live with him, and he pulled them out of position all game long. Brings a lot more to a team than goals: 15+ assists last season. Not sure striker I envisage us needing/signing (someone more clinical) but can imagine him being more effective than Madine, COG and Sidibe. 

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Scored again the other night, good finish too, I just cant help thinking...he's fully fit, in form, scoring goals!! were not gonna get better, signing a kid from the prem or has beens like Earnshaw etc.

Agreed, much more sense in getting someone in form and confident, rather than someone who doesn't play or score.