Clayton Donaldson

I know he's been mentioned before on here but, what do you guys think about him ?

Could he do a job for us ?

Big, strong, pacey and can finish

14 in 26 this season, could he make the step up ?

having a better season this year, maybe we could chuck 350k at Brentford ?

Edited by parkerowl

I was thinking about him the other day, scored again at weekend i think?

If we can get him for a reasonable price i don't think he would be too much of a gamble. £350k???

lol

Yeah scored 2 I think, header and a cool finish, looks really decent, albeit in Div 3.

Brentford are pushing for promotion from league one so can't see them letting their leading scorer leave for peanuts ( which is what we would offer )

Lets be honest we're gonna be getting some prem youngster on loan that nobodies heard of.

Surely Terry at Arsenal has someone decent we could borrow.

He's a div 3 player at best. I watched him many a time when he was on York's books and was awesome in the Conference. He has pace but not as much as he did have before his leg break a few seasons back. He's not that strong either and I don't fancy another a arm waver in the blue and white when the right ball it not played.

Guest wilyfox

Has shown proficiency in the lower leagues down the years, but he's 29 next month. I feel if Donaldson was championship material, he probably would have made it there by now.

Craig Davies was an average League 2 striker a few years back, then he found some form and is now playing for Bolton in the Championship, and Davies is about 27/28. Just saying players peak at different times and to use the excuse that if he was Championship standard he wouldn't have played in the lower leagues all his career isn't that valid. Recently alot of strikers have made the step up to the Championship and Premier League at the later stages of their career, Grant Holt is the prime example.

I haven't seen him enough to really comment on his ability, but the odd time I've seen him on Sky he has looked dangerous and the fact he's been scoring goals for fun in recent years suggests he could make the step up.

Guest ChadOwl

I would imagine 350k would be a large chunk of our January budget, so it'd be a huge gamble to throw it at someone not proven at this level, because after Bothroyd i think DJ knows another big signing failure would cost him his job. I think we will wait until the end of the window, until the prem sides have decided who will be in their plans, and then we will look to do what we did last time and spend a large amount on wages of a good player...only get it right this time, with the likes of Velios who's been mentioned.