Did Waddle really only score 10 league goals for us?

It's funny how the young mind can play ticks. 

Having started supporting Wednesday in about 1989 at about 5 years old, Waddle became by far an away my favourite player a few years later. In my head he was banging them in left right and centre. Somewhere along the line my head has clearly confused assists with goals. 

I guess the '93 free kick at wembley burnt deep into the psyche 

Always a legend......(irrespective of diamond lights)

post-14253-0-60267500-1357910533_thumb.j

109 appearances. 10 goals.

Frankly I'm surprised about the 109 appearances.  Seem to remember we had him for about 3 and a half seasons but didn't he miss a full season with injury?

Shame we didn't get him when he was a little bit younger. Like Aug 1991 instead of August 1992. We might just have won the league.

Guest totemowl

109 appearances. 10 goals.

Frankly I'm surprised about the 109 appearances. Seem to remember we had him for about 3 and a half seasons but didn't he miss a full season with injury?

Shame we didn't get him when he was a little bit younger. Like Aug 1991 instead of August 1992. We might just have won the league.

No. No 'might just' about it, we'd have won it by easter.

Just imagine the kerfuffle that would have started, about whether Francis won it with Big Ron's team or not.

And it would have been Francis, not Wilkinson, who would have become the only english manager to lift the Premier League trophy.

How things might have been...

No. No 'might just' about it, we'd have won it by easter.

Just imagine the kerfuffle that would have started, about whether Francis won it with Big Ron's team or not.

And it would have been Francis, not Wilkinson, who would have become the only english manager to lift the Premier League trophy.

How things might have been...

It was still Division One in 91-92 HW has never won the Premiership.