Post your favourite all time Sheffield Wednesday pic

You are right, torryowl, it is a mystery. I wish I could see the score, it looks as if there were a few goals. By the way , when was that scoreboard installed? We beat them 4-1 in Nov. 1956 with a Finney hat trick. Quixall played and McAnearney but not Kay. I'm now wondering if the player I thought was Kay is Shiner?

I was attending almost every match in those days and I do not recall spectators going on the pitch after a match.That is why my first thought was Nov. 1960 because that was Spurs first defeat of the season. I was on the Kop.

i think it as to be the 56 game coz of quixall being there its the only game he played against spurs in the time span as theres a floodlight pylon in the pic so it as to be after 55 .cant help on the scoreboard bit before my time . 

Did you remember that BoB or did you research it as I have wasted an evening trying to track them down! What is the connection with Wednesday ? Ha it's "the turn the music up " front cover - great shout 

I thought it was the Average white band , similar  line up, same time, etc. so i checked on  google and I thought it was deffo them but the album cover didn't match up.

Then Players Association came into my head from god knows where! I think when your a kid you remember things more vividly e.g.  the orange kit and who scored at Preston in '72 { earlier in this thread) when I couldn't tell you what kit they played in at Preston Last season

Sorry people but this is my favourite , Not because i painted it but because we all came together and gave/and are giving a lot of people a day out at an swfc game which they might never have had for a long time ,means such a lot to me and all because of you

We played Palace at Villa Park around 73/74 ish in a 3rd round second replay, Wednesday won a classic 3-2 with Brian Joicey getting a hatrick, alus remember the centre pages of the Daily Mirror, a picture of Brian Joicey with his arms aloft and a smile so big I remember it like it was yesterday.

The Headline was.... REJOICEYING... flipping brilliant would love to see a shot, can anyone help?

The headline was actually " what rejoiceying". And yes I have a copy of it. When I get chance ill get it on here. Also have photo of orange kit ( it was all orange too, not blue shos, socks) I'm sure pic is of peterrodrigues away at qpr

I saw them play in all orange at Preston about '72 . It was 1 - 1 , Tommy Craig missed a pen.but the ref. made us take it again and Eustace scored ( I think!)

Wow yes, that was my first ever away match. We took their kop !! We did play in orange that day and eustace did score. I can't remember having to retake it tho !

Wow yes, that was my first ever away match. We took their kop !! We did play in orange that day and eustace did score. I can't remember having to retake it tho !

correct mate .....tommy craig didnt play that day so couldnt have missed ,i think he only ever missed one pen and that was at home to preston the following season.

Wow, that's great.

Is that why it's called Leppings Lane? Never knew it was so shallow, even in the hight of summer. I wonder if those are still there?

According to the bloke on the tour they ran right through where the pitch is today, but according to some "up to date" maps, that area is stilla public pathway.

On 15/01/2013 at 17:46, M Royds said:

Deserves to be BUMPED!

Thanks for the Leaman and Johnson correction.

Would still love to know who the group are.

Can't quite make out the image on the album either.

old thread i know   but the name of the band  was the players association  who had a bit  hit called turn the music up