Post your favourite all time Sheffield Wednesday pic

We played Palace at Villa Park around 73/74 ish in a 3rd round second replay, Wednesday won a classic 3-2 with Brian Joicey getting a hatrick, alus remember the centre pages of the Daily Mirror, a picture of Brian Joicey with his arms aloft and a smile so big I remember it like it was yesterday.

The Headline was.... REJOICEYING... flipping brilliant would love to see a shot, can anyone help?

Guest cedtheowl

I think the first of It109's photos is 12th Nov. 1960 when we beat Spurs 2-1. Tom McAnearney is there along with Tony Kay and Alan Finney. Danny Blanchflower too.  I was there that day, as I was on 6th May 1950.

I think the first of It109's photos is 12th Nov. 1960 when we beat Spurs 2-1. Tom McAnearney is there along with Tony Kay and Alan Finney. Danny Blanchflower too.  I was there that day, as I was on 6th May 1950.

Yes it looks like them. My main doubt is the old north stand had been pulled down by the time we played Spurs in 1960 and it was only three sided at the time.

it says 1950 on the picture mate was the goalless draw with spurs that got us up ,non of those you mentioned played that day .....the old north stand like cambs says  wasnt there when we played spurs in 1960 .

I'll have a go. (from right to left)

Pickering, Hornsby, Shirtliff, Bolder, Leaman, Blackhall Portafied, Grant.Mullan, Smith Charton, Lead singer from Chigaco, ?, ?, ? Shaft, ?, Wilde. (I think there;'s a clue in the album cover the players are holding)

its jeff johnson not leman(certain) and dont think its blackhall(not sure) would have a guess at john lowey ......

Guest cedtheowl

Wednesday's team on 6th May 1950: McIntosh Kenny Swift, Gannon Packard Witcomb, Rickett Henry McJarrow Froggatt and Woodhead. None of them is on the photo. When was the Old North Stand pulled down? Blanchflower played for Spurs from 1954-63.

Isn't Terry Dyson there too? Spurs 1954-64. Can't be 1950.

Wednesday's team on 6th May 1950: McIntosh Kenny Swift, Gannon Packard Witcomb, Rickett Henry McJarrow Froggatt and Woodhead. None of them is on the photo. When was the Old North Stand pulled down? Blanchflower played for Spurs from 1954-63.

Isn't Terry Dyson there too? Spurs 1954-64. Can't be 1950.

The current north stand was constructed in the 1960-61 season and the formal opening of the stand (I think) was in August 1961.

I had no idea such a thing even existed until this thread. I still find myself being sceptical about it, despite that photo of Gerry Young.

Anyone else have anything more on this mysterious thing?

I saw them play in all orange at Preston about '72 . It was 1 - 1 , Tommy Craig missed a pen.but the ref. made us take it again and Eustace scored ( I think!)

70sPhoto_zps4d74b8f7.jpg

Don't think it's the best but it's got to be the coolest !!

Deserves to be BUMPED!

Thanks for the Leaman and Johnson correction.

Would still love to know who the group are.

Can't quite make out the image on the album either.