Post your favourite all time Sheffield Wednesday pic

Guest taffowl71

I had no idea such a thing even existed until this thread. I still find myself being sceptical about it, despite that photo of Gerry Young.

Anyone else have anything more on this mysterious thing?

In the magazine there is also a picture of Fantham in it but they are only top half pics cant see the shorts. Spoke with Richard who ones the programme shop on leppings lane. He has actually seen one & had one in the shop for sale in the past. Apparently it was made by umbro. No badge on it ofcause. 

I had no idea such a thing even existed until this thread. I still find myself being sceptical about it, despite that photo of Gerry Young.

Anyone else have anything more on this mysterious thing?

i can remember them playing in all orange at birmingham in the very early 70s .gerry young would have retired by then and cant recall seeing an orange kit earlier than the one i mentioned .

Guest taffowl71

i can remember them playing in all orange at birmingham in the very early 70s .gerry young would have retired by then and cant recall seeing an orange kit earlier than the one i mentioned .

I believe the picture above of Gerry young was taken in 1970 ish im not sure . The 'Backpass' magazine i mentioned above says 68-74. Ive read somewhere else (cant remember where) that we wore it around 4 times?

Guest moonraker

worlds greatest ever player on the worlds greatest ever ground in front of the worlds greatest ever kop! top that ...........

Hi you Owls...great thread. and this pic is Ace...what date was this picture....and when was the roof put on?

Hope you dont mind i am putting that on the Swindon forum....as well as the awesome Kop the thought of ex Swindon captain Colin Prophet trying to tackle Pele will raise a smile

Hi you Owls...great thread. and this pic is Ace...what date was this picture....and when was the roof put on?

Hope you dont mind i am putting that on the Swindon forum....as well as the awesome Kop the thought of ex Swindon captain Colin Prophet trying to tackle Pele will raise a smile

feb 72 mate .....and the kop was roofed in 86

Guest taffowl71

70sPhoto_zps4d74b8f7.jpg

Don't think it's the best but it's got to be the coolest !!

Can anybody name these left to right. The guys in the front with caps on looks like they belong in Starsky & hutch or some other US cop show of the time.

Can anybody name these left to right. The guys in the front with caps on looks like they belong in Starsky & hutch or some other US cop show of the time.

The one far left looks like Llera dont you think.

The one far left looks like Llera dont you think.

I'll have a go. (from right to left)

Pickering, Hornsby, Shirtliff, Bolder, Leaman, Blackhall Portafied, Grant.Mullan, Smith Charton, Lead singer from Chigaco, ?, ?, ? Shaft, ?, Wilde. (I think there;'s a clue in the album cover the players are holding)

Edited by M Royds

Guest taffowl71

I'll have a go. (from right to left)

Pickering, Hornsby, Shirtliff, Bolder, Leaman, Blackhall Portafied, Grant.Mullan, Smith Charton, Lead singer from Chigaco, ?, ?, ? Shaft, ?, Wilde. (I think there;'s a clue in the album cover the players are holding)

Oh i get it , so all those on the left side of big jack are from 'Chicago'. That's why i didnt recognise any of them and come to mention it they dont look like Footballers (with exception of the llera looking guy far left & the cunningham looking guy at the side of him).

What;s there conection with Wednesday, is there any??

Oh i get it , so all those on the left side of big jack are from 'Chicago'. That's why i didnt recognise any of them and come to mention it they dont look like Footballers (with exception of the llera looking guy far left & the cunningham looking guy at the side of him).

What;s there conection with Wednesday, is there any??

No, no. I was being a bit silly about the group. I've haven't got the foggiest who they are and I thought of Chigaco because they were a cische  70s group.

Guest taffowl71

No, no. I was being a bit silly about the group. I've haven't got the foggiest who they are and I thought of Chigaco because they were a cische  70s group.

ok right but there not footballers are they & they do look american.

Anyone know who they are???