Tavernier & Ranger

Guest JonTheOwl66

What does Ranger offer different from COG and Sidibe?

Pace?

Don't understand this hatred for Ranger - he was excellent for us when he was on loan.

Pace?

Don't understand this hatred for Ranger - he was excellent for us when he was on loan.

No quicker than O'Grady and he contributed no more than O'Grady would have in the games he played last season in my opinion.

Not sure how he was "excellent" but each to their own.

Guest JonTheOwl66

No quicker than O'Grady and he contributed no more than O'Grady would have in the games he played last season in my opinion.

Not sure how he was "excellent" but each to their own.

No quicker than O'Grady? Are you balmy? 

You're just expressing opinions as facts - Nile Ranger played a significant part in our promotion last year.

That's the only fact that matters.

No quicker than O'Grady? Are you balmy? 

You're just expressing opinions as facts - Nile Ranger played a significant part in our promotion last year.That's the only fact that matters.

How am I expressing opinions as facts when I wrote "in my opinion" and "each to their own".

Yeah Ranger played a part in our promotion. So did Lowe, Otsemebor, Tavernier etc.

What's that got to do with anything?

In my opinion, Ranger is no better than Sidibe, Madine and O'Grady.

Both played their parts in the promotion team, but that's where i'd like them both to stay. A retread of either of them would be a bad move IMO.

No need for another full back, and if we're after a winger i'd prefer us to get someone a bit more accomplished in the position than Tavernier. And let's not overlook the extra issue with that - old Mourinho Pardew had no interest in us playing him anywhere but RB.

As for Ranger, he was a gamble who paid off last year. But I wouldn't want to play roulette with his attitude again. Was never overly impressed by his ability on the field anyway, and would hope that there are better options for us during the window than him.

Guest Sheff Owl

What is the w*nk fest over Ranger he wasn't great for us, yeah he played a part but he's not someone i would want back at Hillsborough even if we ended up back in League One.

Guest Ripley Owl

He's working his way back into Moyes's good books so he can't be that bad.

I'd welcome him back with open ams.

Guest Ripley Owl

He's working his way back into Moyes's good books so he can't be that bad.

I'd welcome him back with open ams.

:biggrin:

Sorry Pardew ! 😱

Would like to see these two back at Hillsborough on loan, but with Newcastle being depleted

by injuries at the moment i doubt if they will loan them out, unless they buy a replacement for Ba

soon.

Did you see the Brighton game at the weekend? I wouldn't want them in my team.