Ross Barklay

I'm not getting into a long post because I simply don't have the time.

But Barkley is better than any other midfield player we have. He could play in a 2 in the middle, instead of McCabe... He's better than McCabe. He could play wide, he's done this at Everton before or he could play (and this is where I would play him) behind the striker high up the pitch.

However, I'll keep saying this... no matter who plays in our current system... until we change it then we will not see consistent performances and results.

As for the two posters in this thread... There is no point arguing with Ronnie because he simply won't accept anything anyone says about Barkley because he simply doesn't rate him, which is fair enough.

As for Beholder... It's not like him to have an opinion that differs from the majority is it? This seems to be the case with pretty much every opinion he gives. Nothing wrong with having differing opinions against the majority (I have them) but when you constantly go against the grain then you do have to wonder whether he's just being argumentative or attention seeking.

Finish with Barkley again... Is be delighted if we signed him again. Very good player.

Couldn't really give a sh!t what Beholder's motives are for posting on the site.

He's a good contributor and the site would be much poorer for his absence. 

Guest Big Guns

No he's not wrong about Barkley gary megson

No point in talking to you about it cos you simply won't accept wot any ones got to say

lol

I liked Barkley, and would pay close attention to Everton's line up on match of the day.  Noticed Neville was back and Barkley was occasionally on the bench.  He must want to come back to wednesday: games v bench.  Easy decision for the lad.

I bet young Ross has pleaded with him not to send him. I can just imagine the convo. RB, " please boss, don't make me in back there" DM, " but Ross it's very good experience for you" RB, "yeah but they're crap and their fans boo all the time" DM, "alright lad, I'll think about it" lol

bet he loved it here tbh. Scored 4 goals didn't he? Highly rated or not, I bet he wasn't expecting to do that well. No one was booing him

Soory abour the spelling mistake in the name guys but this guy scored 4 goals whilst he was with us - he is 19 yrs old (I think!) he wants to make a name for himself.....to me it is about scoring more goals than the opposition. Bring him back tomorrow for me and if he scores ten goals from now to the end of the season you will all call him a hero....

Guest Part-Time Owl

Hi, Evertonian here. Quite a few of us are dismayed that Moyes didn't put Barkley, Vellios and Duffy on as subs last night at 4-1 up with 30 mins to go. Train of thought that he didn't want to cup tie him for your game against MK Dons next week?

We are taking Moyes line as the three of them are not in his plans for the remainder of the season - how about SWFC taking all three on loan? A good centre forward, attacking midfielder who can't defend and a 6' 4'' centre back, Seems to address your weaknesses and gets game time for our boys, hopefully keep you up to buy time to bring on your own young players.

Just a thought.

Brilliant thought all 3 would walk into our side would love that to happen but id settle for barkley

Big Guns...your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get your arse wherever it needs to be to get the three of them back to Hillsborough....but if you come back with just hat Barkley lad you will still be aright mate......

Hi, Evertonian here. Quite a few of us are dismayed that Moyes didn't put Barkley, Vellios and Duffy on as subs last night at 4-1 up with 30 mins to go. Train of thought that he didn't want to cup tie him for your game against MK Dons next week?

We are taking Moyes line as the three of them are not in his plans for the remainder of the season - how about SWFC taking all three on loan? A good centre forward, attacking midfielder who can't defend and a 6' 4'' centre back, Seems to address your weaknesses and gets game time for our boys, hopefully keep you up to buy time to bring on your own young players.

Just a thought.

I'd take that, have a word with Moyes and get it sorted mate!

Just a thought.

Cheers for the heads up, be grate if we could but somehow I don't think DJ and MM/PA would do it, Moyes seems like a really good manager for you, I know we was getting some stick earlier in the season but believe me he is one of the best managers in the Premier league.

It's madness that people don't want quality players bringing in

He has the potential but isn't a qulity player yet.  Moyes is stated as saying the following in today's star:

“When can I give him the opportunities when the mistakes aren’t so important? If I can’t find those times, I will have to let him go on loan and learn more elsewhere.”

this can be roughly translated to:

"He fvcks up too much to be included in our team - we'll send him out to somewhere else so that he can learn his trade without flipping up in our first team". 

Moyes points out that mistakes can be signiificant.  Barkley doesn't have an all-round game yet - that is the reason we had to play him in a five-man midfield.  He's young and very talented but he isn't ready yet for us. 

Edited by shandypants