One simple bit of training/coaching that would help is....

Tell the wingers (Antonio/JJ/Helan etc) that under no circumstances should they cut inside and pass it off or have a shot - and that their sole intention has to be get to the byline and smash a quality cross in

That's it

Just that

No other instructions to complicate it

Just tell them that and target them on 6 quality crosses from the byline per game

Great plan, only one problem you need players in the box to profit from these crosses in the box.

For that reason its a no from me. lol

The fact they try and beat every defender instead of getting to the byline and slamming a cross in says why though

If Antonio tries to beat four players that's because he chooses to

He didn't last season - he just legged it to the byline and slammed a cross in

The wingers don't pass to them

They don't cross to them

They're left isolated with no ball coming...

The differenace is that last season Antonio was given the ball when the defense were stretched (by other wednesday players). This is how winger should receive the ball. Up to DJ to sort it out.

The fact they try and beat every defender instead of getting to the byline and slamming a cross in says why though

If Antonio tries to beat four players that's because he chooses to

He didn't last season - he just legged it to the byline and slammed a cross in

The wingers don't pass to them

They don't cross to them

They're left isolated with no ball coming...

not so sure i agree to be honest...i would be very interested to find out how many crosses buxton & lee have put in the box in the 5 games or so!! I would imagine its quite a few, from this i would like to know how many we have scored from beacuse i can only think of one...Sidibe at Bolton!! Wether its a winger or a full back there should be 2/3 players looking to attack the box and attacking the cross. 9 times out of 10 there is no one in the box

Its a load of rubbish when you say they dont get in the box because they never get passed to....They never ge passed/crossed to becuase they are never there....simple as in my eyes. IMO that is why 4-5-1 does not work. We dont have the players to make the system work. 4-4-2 and there should always be 2 strikers and the opposite winger in the box for the cross arriving!!

Tell the wingers (Antonio/JJ/Helan etc) that under no circumstances should they cut inside and pass it off or have a shot - and that their sole intention has to be get to the byline and smash a quality cross in

That's it

Just that

Just tell them that and target them on 6 quality crosses from the byline per game

Josep Guardiola step aside. The King is dead! Long live the King! 

Guest intercity0wl

What's the point of our strikers running up front for a cross that never comes ?

A beauty of  cross went in at Udders, yet our chomping at the bit Forward didn't get to it, it might just work though if we had some real quality upfront.

It’s a cliché but I love it when some stands up at matches and shouts ‘flippinggamble’.

It was so so easy for Burnley on Saturday cos not once did we take a risk and try to do something to make their defence think a little.

You can smash balls into the box all day long but until your have bodies in there to cause problems it’s pointless.

Sidibe is one of the worst players Ive ever seen and Antonio is not a centre forward so you have to pick the right players for starters.

If we can the right forward on the pitch, I’d like us to play with one direct winger with pace e.g Antonio and cultured wide player that can pass and put in accurate crosses in, unfortunately we don’t have one of those.

Guest Bedders

That's it

Just that

No one up front with any genuine pace. Ryan Lowe was the last striker we had with pace. Get crosses in all you like but fact remains that JJ & Antonio are two of our quickest players....whilst the likes of COG, Sid, O Grady, Madine aren't know for their speed.

We NEED a striker with pace & have done since Lowe went.......only seem to buy the big lumbering style of forwards at the moment. 

No one will be on the end of at least HALF of the 6 crosses a match you are suggesting!