Does this sound like Backing the Manager to you ?

Guest intercity0wl

If we are shopping in the prem league then we are hardly gonna sign first team regulars are we?

I would just like to OP the read the above again, this was my first thought, we are a newly promoted side currently in the bottom 3, who do you expect us to be signing from Premiership clubs???  :duntmatter:

"Proper support for manager"

Feck off Milan, we are bored with this poo poo now.

Speak for yourself, not everyone else.

Milan saved us from liquidation. What he spends HIS money on for the club is entirely up to him. If he trusts the manager to make signings, then that is also up to him.

I'm not bored of it, I am behind him 100%.

Edited by pompeyowl

We obviously want quality and this is the cheapest way to get it. But we do seem to have an over reliance on premier loans when some of these players aren't match fit. I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

A man with common sense speaks ^

Guest Big Guns

DIfference being LS never had any money to put in to the club, and he stated that when he joined. MM has the power to make a difference

that milan wont let us go down nonsense is the worse line ive ever heard on here

Thank god that's your opinion.

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Think you need to rethink this. Not all loanees are unsuccessful, them lads up there made our season last year.

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

We have had some good loan players.

Add Scott Carson, Iain Turner, Danny Baath

As much as Milan has done for us I do wish he'd back the manager more.

I mean he's on holiday at the minute during the most vital part of the season for us and not that he isn't entitled to that but it practically means our transfer business is 5 days behind every other team.

I do believe he has backed the manager to bring in all those players in the summer but do I believe that all of them were Jones' first choice signings, no. Infant I believe Jones has been made to sign the cheapest option of his targets.

Milan talks a good game and he was a massive reason we went up last season due to one of the bravest calls in football. But what was all that for if we aren't going to stay up this season.

Also where's the bloody scoreboard we were getting back in September?

Well, I'm quite optimistic now.

That Arsenal defender snatched from under the nose of Brighton, Barkley back on loan, jamie Vardy, Robert Earnshaw, Maiga, Connor Wickham, Joey Barton, and that's just for starters as Milan's magic cheque book comes out to flaunt itself.

Muck Fee!!!

Have I woke up in a different world. When did all this happen lol

I can't understand people's reaction to loan signings Nearly every side promoted from this division has relied heavily on loan signings, it's the way of things today. We are able to borrow a quality of player we could only dream of signing on a permanent. I haven't noticed a lack of commitment from Watford's legion of loanees. For me, the biggest problem we have is, we simply don't have enough players of quality to get the best out of someone like Barkley.

Guest Bedders

Kavanagh was poo

Don't know how you can say that? The accuracy & ball control to hit the first man on every corner he took........you can't coach that level of consistency! 

I still trust mm, but..... We are in a relegation dogfight and every point will be crucial come may. So I don't understand why we didn't hit 1st January all ready to do business. If its end of month before we do business then that's 12 points I'd guess ( don't know how many league games in jan) that we aren't going to be change or influence with new signings

I gather pigs scum have already made two signings and they're skint

Edited by wakefieldowl

Guest Ripley Owl

That in itself sends out a message though!

In recent years, the club has been so reliant on loan players and used the loan market to such an extent that simply by the law of averages, a proportion of them were bound to be a success or perform to a reasonable standard. It would be interesting to know the proportion of successes compared to fails amongst the loanees brought to the club.

That statement sucks

It's down to the manager to pick the players with the right attitude, commitment and desire, to be at least an equal or better than hat we already have.

Not the law of averages, we can all work on that.

What you are saying is that it's 90% luck and 10% skill rather than the other way around.