Does this sound like Backing the Manager to you ?

Guest intercity0wl

Thank god that's your opinion.

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Think you need to rethink this. Not all loanees are unsuccessful, them lads up there made our season last year.

Only one of those was a "Jones" loan, his others have been a been between Meh and woefull, Barkley only began to shine towards the end, then Everton recalled him.

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

We have had some good loan players.

Guest pops55

li·bel 

n.

a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

b. The act of presenting such material to the public.

2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.

tr.v. li·beled or li·belledli·bel·ing or li·bel·lingli·bels
To publish a libel about (a person). See Synonyms at malign.

So was my post wrong or you incapable of answering anything with out being long winded?

A bit of a dangerous game for any journalistic publication to Quote remarks from peoplem without the quotes being correct, so no is the answer to both questions, although the wording of your second question is confusing me slightly (not hard) so it might be a yes.

The point of the second question was that if papers make up bullshit stories on a regular basis, then they will make up bullshit quotes to back them up.

They do run the risk of a backlash, but they do wheneve they write a story as it is very rarely the entire truth.

Yep

Well, I'm in disbelief.

It's not that I implicitly trust newspapers. But I can't imagine a newspaper in this country that can operate whilst habitually making up quotes. Not only would they be constantly getting sued, but their journalists would find it very hard to operate in a profession that tends to take such things seriously.

Maybe they could make up quotes from made-up people, but I doubt whether that's really done either because there'd be little point.

A tad harsh don't you think?

Not really. He had a go at me in another thread and his question in this one has been answered perfectly clearly by three different posters. 

It's quite ironic that he should bring up the issue of me arrogantly lecturing others when this thing started with him doing the same thing... just badly.

Its worrying.

As much as I love MM for what he's done for us, he tells us exactly what we want to hear.

And I do feel a tw@t for feeling disappointed with him this season but it has been a terrible campaign thus far.

It's obvious he can't/won't finance a push for the Premier League and is trying to keep us up (and flog us) while spending as little as possible.

Agree with this.

Love MM, but he tells us what we want to hear and it's clear that we are trying to do it on the cheap.

In summer we were told we "won't just consolidate, we are here to compete". Words to that effect anyway.

We then spent all summer trialling Harewood which speaks volumes. I think we just need to accept we are looking to tread water in this league until MM can find a buyer.

Well, I'm quite optimistic now.

That Arsenal defender snatched from under the nose of Brighton, Barkley back on loan, jamie Vardy, Robert Earnshaw, Maiga, Connor Wickham, Joey Barton, and that's just for starters as Milan's magic cheque book comes out to flaunt itself.

Guest Distraught!

Kavanagh was poo

He wasn't in the first loan spell. He did quite well along with that CB who arrived at about the same time (Johnson?). Kind of turned the season round after a disastrous six match losing streak at the beginning of the season. When he returned, he was certainly below par.

Well, I'm in disbelief.

It's not that I implicitly trust newspapers. But I can't imagine a newspaper in this country that can operate whilst habitually making up quotes. Not only would they be constantly getting sued, but their journalists would find it very hard to operate in a profession that tends to take such things seriously.

Maybe they could make up quotes from made-up people, but I doubt whether that's really done either because there'd be little point.

I thought it was common knowledge that papers lie through the skin of their teeth?!

Papers are forever miss quoting or een making up quotes to boost a story. They can get away Scott-free when they do this to people like me who can't afford to take action. A lot of the time it is just harmless aswell, but it's still not the truth.