Does this sound like Backing the Manager to you ?

Guest intercity0wl

Thank god that's your opinion.

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Think you need to rethink this. Not all loanees are unsuccessful, them lads up there made our season last year.

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

We have had some good loan players.

Kavanagh was poo

Guest pops55

Yeh, cos then we'd be a lot better off wouldn't we. Plenty of examples to show us how effective new owners can be. (portsmouth, blackburn, notts forest, etc).

Probably not long before some fans would be asking for new owners every year.

Well we may or may not be, for every poor example you've quoted i could counter with a possitive.

However, something needs to change at the club to get it moving forward again, whether that be a new manager owner or some serious investment in the playing squad otherwise in my opinion we are going nowhere except down. 

Don't get this slating of milan tbh. Just think where we would be if he hadn't come along, and be careful what you wish for. At the nd of the day its his families money you are demanding he spends, and it really is up to him if he chooses to do so or not?

Guest pops55

Does this mean you believe every "quote" that is "quoted" in the rag?

Do you believe that these media outlets won't make up "quotes" to sell?

Well if a newspaper misquotes anyone thats called liable and they run the risk of prosecution.

Guest intercity0wl

Does this mean you believe every "quote" that is "quoted" in the rag?

Do you believe that these media outlets won't make up "quotes" to sell?

A bit of a dangerous game for any journalistic publication to Quote remarks from peoplem without the quotes being correct, so no is the answer to both questions, although the wording of your second question is confusing me slightly (not hard) so it might be a yes.

Edited by intercity0wl

That in itself sends out a message though!

In recent years, the club has been so reliant on loan players and used the loan market to such an extent that simply by the law of averages, a proportion of them were bound to be a success or perform to a reasonable standard. It would be interesting to know the proportion of successes compared to fails amongst the loanees brought to the club.

I see where you are coming from. But if you think how many people we have signed for full contracts that have just failed i bet the percentage is up there with the same amount as loans that have failed. Its just that they get a bit longer to try and convince the fans.

Guest pops55

Don't get this slating of milan tbh. Just think where we would be if he hadn't come along, and be careful what you wish for. At the nd of the day its his families money you are demanding he spends, and it really is up to him if he chooses to do so or not?

Well if thats his attitude (and i don't suggest it is) he will upset the fans, attendances will drop and we will become more difficult to sell. MM is not SWFC the club will be here long after MM has left.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Like has already been said previously by many, the cost of relegation to MM will be astronomical against the cost of a couple of mill on 3/4 very good signings that would keep us up...  thats all we need, it was all we needed in the summer and we would be sitting alot higher than we are now...  surely hes going to back him with money and allow quality signings otherwise he can forget getting anything for the club when he comes to sell it...  I suspect he is regretting not spending more in the summer and probably believed we would be in a better position than where we are....

Just my opinion...  :biggrin:

I don't believe local newspapers would intentionally misquote the manager of local club, although they will and do put quotes into a context that misrepresents the intended context.

Fair enough if you trust your local rag. They may not bullshit their way to selling papers up your way, but I know they definitely do on the south coast.

Guest intercity0wl

I think the question everyone of us need to answer is would you trust DJ spending any of your money?

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but isn't it PA who gets the final say on who and how much anyway.

Edited by intercity0wl

id love mm to splash the cash but lets get a grip here. we are in the poo and missing players in important positions but mm is not going start throwing stupid money about craig davies IMO is not worth 500k he has hardly ripped trees up. MM will not want us to go down as even if he wanted to unload us we would be less attactive but he is a business man and will not throw money away

Guest intercity0wl

id love mm to splash the cash but lets get a grip here. we are in the poo and missing players in important positions but mm is not going start throwing stupid money about craig davies IMO is not worth 500k he has hardly ripped trees up. MM will not want us to go down as even if he wanted to unload us we would be less attactive but he is a business man and will not throw money away

You may or may not be right, but he is a PROVEN goalscorer, and in comparison to who we are currently asking to shoot us up away from relegation, he is worth whatever they want for him, just remeber how busy Lee Grant  was on Tuesday, or most other keepers this season for that matter.

Edited by intercity0wl

Serious question DJM, am i wrong? and if so could you please explain my error.

li·bel 

n.

a. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.

b. The act of presenting such material to the public.

2. The written claims presented by a plaintiff in an action at admiralty law or to an ecclesiastical court.

tr.v. li·beled or li·belledli·bel·ing or li·bel·lingli·bels
To publish a libel about (a person). See Synonyms at malign.