Does this sound like Backing the Manager to you ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Before anybody says "do you beleive everything you read" these are actual quotes from DJ as they appear in this mornings local rag, for my part they seem to suggest the usual pre window MM waffle, was exactly that, also add to that the news that Bolton  have triggered a £500,000 release clause in Craig Davies contract, and my day aint exactly got off to an otimistic start, Anyway see what you make of these comments.

Its early days yet; I think there will be lots of movement after the cup games if premier league teams get knocked out, BECAUSE ITS NO GOOD THEM HANGING ONTO PLAYERS WHO WOULD ONLY PLAY IN CUP TIES. "We've got one or two things we're persuing, and we'll see where they lead".

Sorry but players only deemed good enough by their clubs to play in cup games dont seem to me like any of the real quality players many seem to be stressing we need to give us that little survival push, thats just MY OPININ based on what has tanspired in previous transfer windows, seems we are becoming used to hearing the expectation raising words, but not seeing the matching actions,  no doubt others will disagree. UTO

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

If we are shopping in the prem league then we are hardly gonna sign first team regulars are we?

Good point, but i Never said we were, but then again if we are signing players (premier league or other wise) only good enough to play cup tie we are hardly gonna sign good Quality either are we ?

Its worrying.

As much as I love MM for what he's done for us, he tells us exactly what we want to hear.

And I do feel a tw@t for feeling disappointed with him this season but it has been a terrible campaign thus far.

It's obvious he can't/won't finance a push for the Premier League and is trying to keep us up (and flog us) while spending as little as possible.

It will be another transfer window of disappointment, loanees are no real use in my opinion.

Thank god that's your opinion.

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Think you need to rethink this. Not all loanees are unsuccessful, them lads up there made our season last year.

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

We have had some good loan players.

Good point, but i Never said we were, but then again if we are signing players (premier league or other wise) only good enough to play cup tie we are hardly gonna sign good Quality either are we ?

If a player was good enough to be playing week in week out in the Prem....then he'd be playing week in week out in the Prem and there is no way he would be joining a Championship side.

Guest Distraught!

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Think you need to rethink this. Not all loanees are unsuccessful, them lads up there made our season last year.

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

That in itself sends out a message though!

In recent years, the club has been so reliant on loan players and used the loan market to such an extent that simply by the law of averages, a proportion of them were bound to be a success or perform to a reasonable standard. It would be interesting to know the proportion of successes compared to fails amongst the loanees brought to the club.

Guest totemowl

That in itself sends out a message though!

In recent years, the club has been so reliant on loan players and used the loan market to such an extent that simply by the law of averages, a proportion of them were bound to be a success or perform to a reasonable standard. It would be interesting to know the proportion of successes compared to fails amongst the loanees brought to the club.

Probably no different, or even better than, the ratio of good permanent signings to bad.

Antonio loan- poo

Marshall loan - poo

Llera loan- poo

Bywater loan- poo

Treacy- loan poo

Previous years

Kenywn Jones loan poo ?

Kavanagh loan poo ?

You have missed off Danny Batth.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

We are too over-reliant on loans. They worked out for us last season but after all the talk of backing the manager, it doesn't match the words. I have got a feeling, it will just be loans this window, MM will see how DJ is doing this month and for a third year in a row we could face a managerial change around Feb time when the window is closed and in all reality its too late for the new man unlike last season barring another end of season run. But any new man would have been better off with being backed in this window, that and the lack of real backing for DJ, shows MM has hardly anything left and is just waiting to sell us on as soon as he can.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Before anybody says "do you beleive everything you read" these are actual quotes from DJ as they appear in this mornings local rag, for my part they seem to suggest the usual pre window MM waffle, was exactly that, also add to that the news that Bolton have triggered a £500,000 release clause in Craig Davies contract, and my day aint exactly got off to an otimistic start, Anyway see what you make of these comments.

Does this mean you believe every "quote" that is "quoted" in the rag?

Do you believe that these media outlets won't make up "quotes" to sell?

Guest pops55

We are too over-reliant on loans. They worked out for us last season but after all the talk of backing the manager, it doesn't match the words. Have got a feeling, it will just be loans this window, MM will see how DJ is doing this month ans for a third year in a row we could face a managerial change in late Jan/Feb time when the window is closed and in all reality its too late for the new man unlike last season bareing another end of season run. But any new man would have been better off with being backed in the window, that and the lack of real backing for DJ, shows MM has hardly anything left and is just waiting to sell us on.

In a way i wish he would hurry up.

Guest totemowl

In a way i wish he would hurry up.

Yeh, cos then we'd be a lot better off wouldn't we. Plenty of examples to show us how effective new owners can be. (portsmouth, blackburn, notts forest, etc).

Probably not long before some fans would be asking for new owners every year.

Edited by totemowl

Does this mean you believe every "quote" that is "quoted" in the rag?

Do you believe that these media outlets won't make up "quotes" to sell?

I don't believe local newspapers would intentionally misquote the manager of local club, although they will and do put quotes into a context that misrepresents the intended context.