Praise or Grumble - Mick the Owl

I've mentioned him before here on OwlsTalk. He's always one of the first callers on Praise or Grumble every week and quite simply, he does my flipping head in.  I am not referring to the Owlstalk Mick by the way. 

It would be great if he didn't contribute on Praise or Grumble for a while because, basically, he talks utter poo and gives opinion that changes on a weekly basis about games that he never attends.  I have no problem if people can't attend and wish to express an opinion but why does this guy have to do it, firstly on the radio and secondly, every flipping week. 

For my sanity, Mick the Owl, please stop phoning Priase or Grumble or I fear that I will have to deliberately crash my car on the way back from the match. 

Edited by shandypants

Guest Nilsson_is_God

often thought the same....  he is fcukin very annoying and up their with Brian the pig who at times is quite comical....

Guest davet30

Which 'mick' are you on about?  The Mick who spoke on last nights show is a regular AND he does attend matches. AND he talks a lot of sense AND I look forward to hearing him.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

What does he say ?

Constantly lowering himself to the levels of the other lot and getting into petty squables with them...  cant help himself but mention United first and have a dig before continuing....  cringeworthy at times.

What does he say ?

He ALWAYS says that he couldn't get for some reason or other, that it was a good commentary and that he derived what happened in the game from this good commentary.  He will then thank the commentator for this good commentary and follows by expressing the popular opinion that is currently prevelent amongst the fan base. 

He talks utter poo and the the Radio Sheffield commentator laps it up because its cheap fodder for them.  He is infuriating and when ever I listen to him it, more or less, results in me hurling an abusive tirade of bad language towards the radio. 

I know its wrong but if i knew where he lived, I would happily lead a lynch mob to his front door. 

Guest Nilsson_is_God

He ALWAYS says that he couldn't get for some reason or other, that it was a good commentary and that he derived what happened in the game from this good commentary.  He will then thank the commentator for this good commentary and follows by expressing the popular opinion that is currently prevelent amongst the fan base. 

He talks utter poo and the the Radio Sheffield commentator laps it up because its cheap fodder for them.  He is infuriating and when ever I listen to him it, more or less, results in me hurling an abusive tirade of bad language towards the radio. 

I know its wrong but if i knew where he lived, I would happily lead a lynch mob to his front door. 

Dont hold back will you...  :laugh:

Which 'mick' are you on about?  The Mick who spoke on last nights show is a regular AND he does attend matches. AND he talks a lot of sense AND I look forward to hearing him.

You mean Lawrie Madden who hates Madine and thinks he is a thrower that he wants to slap?

He is always on and sometimes he talks sense and sometimes  - like the rest of us - testicles.  He was praising Jones for switching to 4-5-1 yesterday to combat the mighty Brian Stock and then said all Stock did to get round it was sit in front of the back 4 - presumably where the 2nd striker could have pressed him.  All amatter of opinion of course but he seemed to deny it was a negative change when that's exactly what it was - removing our most dangerous striker from the front line to combat the way the opponents were playing.

All the "regular" Football Heaven callers get on my wick - especially that red and white wizard idiot. They've become fake characters puffed up with a sense of self importance because they're always on Radio Sheffield. Do they call the show or does the show call them? 

Edited by rickygoo

We need to get the facts right. Shandypants is talking about "Mick the Owl" who never goes but has an opinion which he forms by listening to reports during home games. "Mick the Owl" posts on here as Lawrie Madden and provides a balanced view which he forms from attending games. The first Mick the Owl had the cheek to state that MM needs to get the cheque book out which is a bit rich from someone who doesnt even go. If he cant go due to finances fair enough but dont then complain about others not spending.

he is a poster on here.

He is not a bad caller. Opinionated but talks some sense sometimes, although i often disagree with him.

Not that Mick.  I believe you two are referring to the Mick that often phones football heaven and puts Brian the Blade in his place - he is a season ticket holder I believe - not that it matters - just to differentiate them.  That Mick (the 'OwlsTalk Mick' I mentioned that I wasn't referring to in my opening post) talks a great deal of sense - I could listen to him all day because he is very balanced, interesting and entertaining.  The Mick that I am referring to is always the first Wednesdayite on Priase or Grumble. 

Edited by shandypants

Guest davet30

Couldn't get today because......

...my toenails have curled

...hair needs washing

...can't be arsed

lol ........ Or I've done me back in.  :biggrin:

We need to get the facts right. Shandypants is talking about "Mick the Owl" who never goes but has an opinion which he forms by listening to reports during home games. "Mick the Owl" posts on here as Lawrie Madden and provides a balanced view which he forms from attending games. The first Mick the Owl had the cheek to state that MM needs to get the cheque book out which is a bit rich from someone who doesnt even go. If he cant go due to finances fair enough but dont then complain about others not spending.

Spot on.