Good crowd yesterday

Guest totemowl

Guest totemowl

I know we all had a hangover, except perhaps Treacley, but yesterday's crowd was second highest in the division, behind high flying Leicester.

Hopefully the increased revenue we provide will soon start paying off and improving the quality of our squad ever further.

Goes to show how poor our performances have been this season when only 23000 or so turn up for a New Years day game.

Any other time it would have been 5000 more when we have been doing owt in the Championship

NYD crowds since we left the Prem average 21k

Guest totemowl

Go on then. When did we last have 28000 on New Years Day?

Forget that. Thanks kivo.

Edited by totemowl

Guest totemowl
We had better crowds throughout August, September and October

The point is, it was second best yesterday, so a good measure of our support. Dunno whether it was best or second best on those occasions, when we were better placed.

But did you raise any OPs at the time to mention this?

The point is, it was second best yesterday, so a good measure of our support. Dunno whether it was best or second best on those occasions, when we were better placed. But did you raise any OPs at the time to mention this?

We had great crowds then, I was just saying how much it has dropped off since, due to poor form and results.

First game/last game and the Boxing day/ New Years day games are traditionally the best crowds of the season. What could it have been if we were performing owt like?

Good on us poor souls for turning up, but MM must see that the fall in gate receipts are a little worrying for the accounts.

I didn´t raise any OPs at the time to say how good the crowds were, as I have always known we have great fans

I thought it was a poor turnout yesterday to be honest.

With 17k st holders, and about 1500 from Burnley - that meant only another 5k turning out for a Bank Holiday fixture on what was our only festive home game.

Having said that, those that stayed away missed absolutely nothing.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="lanzaroteowl" data-cid="4230735" data-time="1357140667"><p>

We had great crowds then, I was just saying how much it has dropped off since, due to poor form and results.<br />

<br />

First game/last game and the Boxing day/ New Years day games are traditionally the best crowds of the season. What could it have been if we were performing owt like?<br />

<br />

Good on us poor souls for turning up, but MM must see that the fall in gate receipts are a little worrying for the accounts.<br />

<br />

I didn´t raise any OPs at the time to say how good the crowds were, as I have always known we have great fans</p></blockquote>

Crowd yesteaw was 2k up on the Average New Years Day attendance

Guest Big Guns

It would have been ok if we had a 30k stadium that's all we need

Work should start in the summer to reduce the capacity and create a good atmosphere for our league1 promotion campaign

It would have been ok if we had a 30k stadium that's all we need

Work should start in the summer to reduce the capacity and create a good atmosphere for our league1 promotion campaign

Spending money on reducing our capacity = Brilliant :ghoulguy:

Surely we should save the money, and use it to extend Lines's contract?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="lanzaroteowl" data-cid="4230735" data-time="1357140667"><p>

We had great crowds then, I was just saying how much it has dropped off since, due to poor form and results.<br />

<br />

First game/last game and the Boxing day/ New Years day games are traditionally the best crowds of the season. What could it have been if we were performing owt like?<br />

<br />

Good on us poor souls for turning up, but MM must see that the fall in gate receipts are a little worrying for the accounts.<br />

<br />

I didn´t raise any OPs at the time to say how good the crowds were, as I have always known we have great fans</p></blockquote>

Crowd yesteaw was 2k up on the Average New Years Day attendance

Home League games since we fell out of the prem

2011-2012 Tramere 24,254

2007-2008 Preston 20,690

2006-2007 Hull 28600

2005-2006 Crewe 25,650

2001-2002 Grimsby 17,004

Average attendance 23,239 

I agree with both arguments good attendance in respect of others in the league, but I can not help but feel disapointed that all the good feelings surrounding Wednesday seems to have been lost and would have been expecting around 28,000 for this game at the start of the season.

Home League games since we fell out of the prem

2011-2012 Tramere 24,254

2007-2008 Preston 20,690

2006-2007 Hull 28600

2005-2006 Crewe 25,650

2001-2002 Grimsby 17,004

Average attendance 23,239 

I agree with both arguments good attendance in respect of others in the league, but I can not help but feel disapointed that all the good feelings surrounding Wednesday seems to have been lost and would have been expecting around 28,000 for this game at the start of the season.

This^^^^^^