In which positions do we need new blood in Jan?

We need exactly the sort of players we should have bloody brought in during the summer, then maybe we wouldn't be in this shithouse of a situation. 

A young pacey center back

An experienced central midfielder who can run a game

And most importantly an out and out goalscorer

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

Guest Deleted member
S O'Driscoll

D Batth

A central midfielder that will join in attacking play. G Boyd?

K Phillips

Phillips has played 14 games in the Championship this year and scored 2

I dont think hes the answer

Guest Bedders

As an absolute minimum we  need:-

1. A crossing winger that can get in an accurate cross without having to beat his man or needing pace (in the mould of Keith Treacy), as the wingers we have are all continental style wingers in being pacey / direct & have a tendency to cut  in & go for goal. They create little for others as when they are in the box they are that fast in getting there, more often than not, there is no one else there with them!!!! 

2. A striker that is small nippy & pacey. A Ryan Lowe type.

My reasoning for these two types of players is that we have nothing different on the bench to change things. Anything we bring on is usually in the same mould as is already on the pitch.

Guest Sniper1

We have got to improve our first eleven, no more like for likes.

New CB, Danny Batth.

New CM, Darren Pratley.

New LW, Keith Treacy.

New ST, a nippy mobile stiker, any of the following - Aaron McClean, Matty Fryatt, Will Hoskins, Jay Simpson, Martin Paterson,

Leroy Lita, Andy Keogh, Jamie Vardy.

Would like to see an experienced CM who can pick a pass out and is comfortable on the ball. Will not only help in our current situation but will give guyidence to the likes of Mccabe and Corry. Prutton has done a job since coming back but lacks the ability to deliver a killer ball to cause defences a problem.

Think we need at least 2 strikers with pace. One problem we have had this season is, when the wingers get into a position to but a ball in the box the rest of our team are not quick enough to keep up with them and results in easy defending for the opposition.

We need exactly the sort of players we should have bloody brought in during the summer, then maybe we wouldn't be in this shithouse of a situation. 

A young pacey center back

An experienced central midfielder who can run a game

And most importantly an out and out goalscorer

Fully agree.......but many us of have been saying this for some time....... so why oh why can't DJ see this?

Edited by lesbarbeux

S O'Driscoll

D Batth

A central midfielder that will join in attacking play. G Boyd?

K Phillips

Phillips has played 14 games in the Championship this year and scored 2

I dont think hes the answer

That's twice as good as your Hero Bothroyd...!

I take it you agree with the rest, though...?

What we need is Helan at least until the end of the season, a competent right back (Buxton is ok going forward, but is a poor defender at this level), a good, tough tackling hard working, pacy central midfielder because neither Prutton, Lines or Semedo are good enough at this level, and a decent striker with pace, mobility and more than six goals a season in him.

What we need is Helan at least until the end of the season, a competent right back (Buxton is ok going forward, but is a poor defender at this level), a decent centre back partner for Gardner, a good, tough tackling hard working, pacy central midfielder because neither Prutton, Lines or Semedo are good enough at this level, and a decent striker with pace, mobility and more than six goals a season in him.

Two CB's - Danny Batth permanently hopefully! And probably a loan signing from the Prem - Shane Duffy from Everton could be possible with DJ's connections. Otherwise I'd like to see Scott Wooton from Man Utd. Was on loan to Forest last season and this season has made cup appearances for Utd. Can't see him being in the first team at all...would be worth a punt.

Two Wingers - Extend Helans deal 'till the end of the season, although dependent on how highly City rate him..a cheeky bid may not be out of the question.

Also need a winger who can cross. People have suggested Coppinger from Donny. I'd like to think we could do better than that...it's a shame that Burnley's boss seems to rate Treacy when Eddie Howe didn't.

A forward - Not another big lump of a player please. We are crying out for a bit of pace up front! I'd like to think a loan bid for Jamie Vardy isn't above us. 

If Milan could also throw in a creative central midfielder...that would do just nicely!

Edited by FlyingOwl